6” lift shocks on 8” lift?

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought a used 6” procomp stage 2 lift for my 08 F-250 diesel, and I have already on the truck a ready-lift 2” spacer.. I want to put the lift kit on the truck.. and put the 2” spacer back in and i’ll add 2” for the rear. Now the questions,
Will the 6” shocks I have for the 6” kit work if I raise it 8” are there any 6-8” shocks in the event I go back down to 6” advice need please!!
Also, i have all the drop brackets for the 6”
Will adding an extra 2” be a big deal? I heard from fella ZMANN on the ORG that it should ok, just looking for other opinions!
Especially about the shocks! And if I need new if anyone knows the go to site for the cheapest shocks..
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
e5736d523ee607a4e28caac47ed72c14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

footlong70

Reaction score
It should be fine to run both. Your caster angle will be near its limit but still tolerable. Many have done the same. Most lift kits regardless of size bring the geometries back to stock, so adding 2" will provide the same angles as if you were stock height adding a spacer lift. As for shock length, if your 2" spacer kit used shock extension brackets rather than longer shocks, just reuse them. If not, you can buy cheap shock extensions on ebay for 30 bucks so you can use the shocks from the kit if you want to keep things cheap.

Last edited:

Roccafellas

Reaction score
It should be fine to run both. Your caster angle will be near its limit but still tolerable. Many have done the same. Most lift kits regardless of size bring the geometries back to stock, so adding 2" will provide the same angles as if you were stock height adding a spacer lift. As for shock length, if your 2" spacer kit used shock extension brackets rather than longer shocks, just reuse them. If not, you can buy cheap shock extensions on ebay for 30 bucks so you can use the shocks from the kit if you want to keep things cheap.

I completely forgot about shock extensions man! Wow! Perfect! Extensions usually offer 2” extension ? or there is different sizes as well?
Okay, so you think running the spacer on the 6” kit is fine and the shocks should be fine with an extension... now do these extensions also go on the back? Sorry I’ve never lifted a truck with extensions!
I figure the coils in the front have some sag anyways, the kit was on the truck since new in 08!! So thats 9 years of an f-350 being on them lol.
Here is a pic of the truck, while the engines being done, it has a 4x4 block between the body and frame. Theoretically.. if I took the spacer out.. and put the 6” coils in alone, it would be exactly that heigh in the front.. theoretically because 4” lifting the body and plus the 2” spacer on suspension.. i would visually add 2” to the look of the truck now if I ran the spacer on the coil.. I saw it in person again today to measure the spacer to confirm it was 2” and in the pic it looks high.. but in person its not so i 100% want to try to run the spacer too
09c9e29f12d7c1f40e0a8a7b73088088.jpg

footlong70

Reaction score
As for the back you'll need shocks long enough, there is no extension Ive ever seen. The rear shocks tend to be long anyways. Aftermarket lifted shocks for the rear typically have wide ranges of 3"-7" or 4"-8" or 6-8" lift heights for examples depending on brand. I would add the lift in and buy longer shocks later based on actual measurements or just buy 8" rear lifted shocks. you don't have to be real picky on the rear axle. As long as the shock has at least 2-3" of extension past resting length and when fully extended they bottom out before your brake lines/e brake cable/wires ect. I would check to see first if you can get away with the shocks that came with the kit. It's not uncommon for lift companies to use the same rear shocks from a 4" kit as a 6 or 8" kit. What does the kit come with for rear lift? Whats your plans for adding the additional 2"?

Roccafellas

Reaction score
As for the back you'll need shocks long enough, there is no extension Ive ever seen. The rear shocks tend to be long anyways. Aftermarket lifted shocks for the rear typically have wide ranges of 3"-7" or 4"-8" or 6-8" lift heights for examples depending on brand. I would add the lift in and buy longer shocks later based on actual measurements or just buy 8" rear lifted shocks. you don't have to be real picky on the rear axle. As long as the shock has at least 2-3" of extension past resting length and when fully extended they bottom out before your brake lines/e brake cable/wires ect. I would check to see first if you can get away with the shocks that came with the kit. It's not uncommon for lift companies to use the same rear shocks from a 4" kit as a 6 or 8" kit. What does the kit come with for rear lift? Whats your plans for adding the additional 2"?

Hey thanks for that! I’m happy to hear, i’ll try that then and see what I get.

And I have everything seen in the pic... minus the add a leafs and the sway bar drop brackets, I got the extended links instead..
for the back, i have a factory 3” block, i’ll stack the second 3” block from the kit, and if that’s not enough I have the aluminum 1” spacer block too.
I’m going to try putting it all together including the shocks that came with the kit and the coil spacer. And see what I get!

a27df368d7f131c70ead947671855385.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
stacking blocks is so ghetto, nevermind weak. axle wrap for dayzzz

footlong70

Reaction score
Stacked blocks can be done even though some are dead set against it. But IMO traction bars are a must and I prefer to put heavier u-bolts on. With any more block beyond stock your going to axle wrap pretty bad, especially with 7" worth of block. I'd be looking another direction for rear lift. Also your going to look pretty sagged in the rear with only 4" of lift, and that's without any additional box/trailer weight.

Latest posts

Members online