Oil cooler plugged?

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen an oil cooler plug in 8k miles? First 80 degree day driving home the deltas touched a 15-16 degree spread a few times. 70-75 mph. Truck is studded ******d straight pipe and tuned. I always heard this could happen every 30k miles but 8k miles? ****.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
No towing . Just towed 5k lbs last week even in my race tune deltas didn’t break 10-11 degrees. It was in the 40’s last week now it’s 80 degrees out.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Lol... I've had them clog within minutes... Depends on how cruddy your system was...

Decker

Reaction score
Should of cleaned the system out before putting in new cooler. Not just a coolant filter but actually flushing out the system.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Should of cleaned the system out before putting in new cooler. Not just a coolant filter but actually flushing out the system.

A big name shop did it all I figured they would have done that. I’m gonna call them. They said there is a 2 year warranty on the oil cooler IIRC.

junglejoe

Reaction score
For what its worth.. I have went through 5,yes 5 oil coolers after the Egr and oil cooler ruptured! I even used DC9 and at least 60 gallons of water to flush!!

79jasper

Reaction score
For what its worth.. I have went through 5,yes 5 oil coolers after the Egr and oil cooler ruptured! I even used DC9 and at least 60 gallons of water to flush!!
Sounds like the ipr full flow coolant filter (or similar) could have done you some good. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Corys6.0

Reaction score
So is this a thing? Change oil cooler every 8-10k miles? I did a coolant filter when I did the bulletproofing. I can’t afford to change oil coolers every 8-10k miles. Remote oil coolers are big money. I’m not sure what to do. I already have tons of money in this truck. Runs amazing. Sounds amazing and is clean but it’s my daily and toes my race car so it needs to stay healthy. Oil coolers plugging every 6 months isn’t good.

79jasper

Reaction score
Right, but you have a bypass coolant filter. Which doesn't actually do much. The full flow one literally goes online to the oil cooler and will stop anything and everything.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Right, but you have a bypass coolant filter. Which doesn't actually do much. The full flow one literally goes online to the oil cooler and will stop anything and everything.

Ahh ok, is that what most are doing? You have a link of the one you speak of?

bismic

Reaction score
There are quite a few posts about back flushing w/ hose water and compressed air (to provide agitation) as being the most effective way of getting rid of heavy contamination.

Latest posts

Members online