2015 soft rear suspension

cranky1

Reaction score
I'm towing a 5th wheel with a tongue weight around 3300 lbs. I stupidly did not get the camper package and just have the 2-1 springs. Any advice for this noob would be appreciated, I really don't want to do air bags. Should I do an add a leaf, or maybe look for f350 springs? Any vendors have a good solution? I got the 10k gvw with factory rails and a curtain q20 hitch. Toy hauler weighs 12750.

SuperdutyTD

Reaction score
I'm towing a 5th wheel with a tongue weight around 3300 lbs. I stupidly did not get the camper package and just have the 2-1 springs. Any advice for this noob would be appreciated, I really don't want to do air bags. Should I do an add a leaf, or maybe look for f350 springs? Any vendors have a good solution? I got the 10k gvw with factory rails and a curtain q20 hitch. Toy hauler weighs 12750.

What is your reluctance to go with airbags? A lot of people have noted the softer rear ends on the new ones. I was pretty disappointed I could not order the camper package with the Platinum as I tow a lot of tongue heavy trailers. I will probably install the basic airbags and leave 20 pounds in them.

cranky1

Reaction score
I just like the idea of the springs with no maintenance or really anything to wear out.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I really like my Timbren springs, they are a replacement bump stop, no maintanance with them at all. The ride of the 2 leaf is really good but they can use some help while towing for sure.

cranky1

Reaction score
I'm located in southern Illinois and will be towing through hills, how well do the timbrens work? I feel like I "need" more power too, actually just want to delete. Is there any place in southern Illinois?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Do what I did. Order f350 dually springs for it. They bolt right in. I did that with air bags but the springs alone will make a huge difference over what you have. Idk why ford has added fewer, softer springs to the srw trucks.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i am pretty happy with timbrens, i never did a very good job of taking before and after pics but let me dig some up, my truck has 3 leafs and overloads.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
here is mine with timbrens, this load is about 12k on the trailer and a 7800 lb trailer...

trailer%20picture.jpg

Spatel23

Reaction score
Think Im going to order some Timbrens for my 13 tomorrow. Cant be bothered to run airlines and bags if Im going to sell it soon anyway.

Not sure which timbrens to go with tho.
Im finding 2 compatible part #s.
Can anyone with them post the part# you went with.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ill talk to Jim tomorrow and see what i have, i am pretty sure mine are the heavier duty they offer

Dzchey21

Reaction score
keep in mind my truck is leveled so this is how it sat normally

IMG_20130409_171607.jpg

So here is a picture of the ones that i have, there is a little 1/2 rubber spacer between the bracket and the bump stop. That spacer can be removed if needed. Since my truck is level i left it in there to help keep it level. I think if i took it out it would help the empty ride but there isnt a huge difference in the ride even with that in there. When the spacer is in the bump stop touches the leaf spring block perch lightly. You can squeeze them in without jacking up the truck but its tight.
orig.jpg

Spatel23

Reaction score
looks like the FR350SDF

Can you measure the total height from frame rail to end of the rubber.
Id like to see how far it will come down with my lift

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i have the firestone version of the timbrens. not quite as stout as the timbrens but my brothers trailer weighs 6-7k and my dually is set at 8200lbs and trailer is pin heavy.. i have 80 bucks into them.. i bought the replacement bumpers to the kit off amazon and used a hockey puck as a spacer. have about an inch of clearance and they touch just before the factory overloads.. without the bumpstops, it set well lower then level....
d678a3be90ceb0acb1c922d15520cffe.jpg

live life full throttle