SCT Competition Tuner 6.7 Ford

neverkickn

Reaction score
From what we have seen the EGR on the 6.7s are not as prone to fail as the 6.0s and 6.4s. That being said in my personal opinion and I am sure other people will agree with me on this, you still need to remove it because of the major risk of failing.

Is the risk that the egr may fail, or that when one fails it damages other parts?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Coolant still flows through the coolers, correct me if I am wrong but the EGR still has the option of failing even though it is disabled.

Generally its less likely to fail with it just turned off because it doesnt get the same heat cycles in it as it did before. Yes there is still the risk but greatly reduced. From what i have seen its not very common at all for 6.7s to fail the cooler. The DEF reduces the EGR levels to a lower than 6.0 state so again, less heat cycles.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Generally its less likely to fail with it just turned off because it doesnt get the same heat cycles in it as it did before. Yes there is still the risk but greatly reduced. From what i have seen its not very common at all for 6.7s to fail the cooler. The DEF reduces the EGR levels to a lower than 6.0 state so again, less heat cycles.

thanks D! makes sense...

live life full throttle

02strokin

Reaction score
I'm having major troubles with this new turner from you guys an I can't call till Monday cause you all are closed an wondering if u could MSG me a num to talk to someone I told my customer I would have the truck done but now I'm having problems with the tunes downloading thanks!!!

ultra2207

Reaction score
I'm having major troubles with this new turner from you guys an I can't call till Monday cause you all are closed an wondering if u could MSG me a num to talk to someone I told my customer I would have the truck done but now I'm having problems with the tunes downloading thanks!!!

Did you try Will's cell phone number? He has it listed on here.

sent via tapatalk

ultra2207

Reaction score
I ordered this sct x4 from will last Monday along with a flo pro 5" exhaust and s&b cai. Everything was at my door on Wednesday. When I received my tuner I called Will and he walked me through it over the phone. The 13-14's need one extra step, you have to send him a picture of the serial number on the back of the tuner and also a picture of the tuner when it is plugged into the vehicle. He will then email you a file to download. I had it all done and installed in 30 mins or so. Truck runs great so far, super happy with how it turned out.

sent via tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I picked up one of these tuners from a member on here and called and talked to logan.. just wanted to say thanks for answering my questions man!! Hopefully ill be calling again and ordering a delete pipe or exhaust in a few months...

live life full throttle

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I picked up one of these tuners from a member on here and called and talked to logan.. just wanted to say thanks for answering my questions man!! Hopefully ill be calling again and ordering a delete pipe or exhaust in a few months...

live life full throttle

I am glad that we got you taken care of buddy!! If you ever need anything feel free to give us a call.

6.7f250

Reaction score
Sct x4 for 13f250?

I just want the tow setting and to delete my egr and dpf. I don't want to buy the mini maxx for 1800 either. Anyone let me know if this is possible for my truck and will the tuner do all that? Thanks!

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I just want the tow setting and to delete my egr and dpf. I don't want to buy the mini maxx for 1800 either. Anyone let me know if this is possible for my truck and will the tuner do all that? Thanks!

This is very possible. We have many different options that are available that will turn off all of the emissions. Feel free to give me a shout at the shop and I will be more than happy to go over every option that we have.

Heavyfoot

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone have any info on what the hp/tq numbers are on the tunes that come on these?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.