6.7 drop in Vgt numbers 2015 stock vs StreetMaxR

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I want one of these with a stroker pump so bad, but I have no money.

I have the same issue.
But my turbo is starting to squeal on shutdown.
So I'm lining up my ducks in terms of what needs to be bought and selling some of my grandparent's antique furniture, very sad to do this, but baby needs a new turbo.

Reaction score
Quit slow walkin us

Even when done, I'm going to be 100% open that it is a modified pump. If you want to rely on it the same as a stock pump you can do it at your own risk. Anything that's ran that much further than stock will inevitably wear out faster and be less stable than oem. No way around that fact. It will be a race part, which is what I intended it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
any chance of an inbetween? That is one that's modded a little and suitable for stock replacement/reliability.

There's really not enough on the table to be honest, and with the cost of modification and manufacturing, it just makes sense for us to do the one pump. Besides, most people with early trucks just upgrade to the 2015 pump. And the guys who need that little bit more will go straight to twin pumps

WHY NOT

Reaction score
There's really not enough on the table to be honest, and with the cost of modification and manufacturing, it just makes sense for us to do the one pump. Besides, most people with early trucks just upgrade to the 2015 pump. And the guys who need that little bit more will go straight to twin pumps

Dual Alt's makes going dual pumps hard though.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
and for sure it would fail tech in workstock class w/ dual pumps

Depends honestly. Lots of Midwestern organizations drafted in twin pumps for all trucks because they allowed it for dodges enough years it pissed guys like me off.

Those retards were claiming there wasn't fuel on the table for 5.9/6.7 dodges but 6.4/6.7 Ford didn't need them. After a few heated discussions we got it drafted in.

Reaction score
any chance of an inbetween? That is one that's modded a little and suitable for stock replacement/reliability.

A normal cp4 gets weak at 50-100k miles and the amount of fuel we can command starts falling. Hell my 30k mile truck wouldn't hold full rail anything past 1330 IPW without falling. So with a 15 pump having more stroke than an 11-14 pump, I can make the argument that a 15 pump will wear out faster than the older version. Our stroker pump at 25% more than a 11-14 and 16% more than a 2015 pump, any less would be pointless.

Long and short ANYTHING more than stock will be less reliable, period.

So the answer is no. If you wanna run it a 100k miles, that's the risk you take. No different than a modded k16 or cp3. No one gives longevity warranty on something like that.

Dual Alt's makes going dual pumps hard though.

Actually it's very easy. You just have to run one alternator. We have removed the second alternator on many trucks. 90% of people that have dual alternators do not need it anyway. If you do, just put a larger main alternator.

and for sure it would fail tech in workstock class w/ dual pumps

Depend on the rules. This is no different than Duramax and Cummins running modified pumps that take the same risk with a modified pump not being as reliable as factory. Which is why we went to dual pumps here in workstock for reliability.

Anyone who NEEDS a stroker pump then this will be the one. Anyone needing anything else will have to buy a 2015 pump or run dual pumps.

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
I got nailed for my dual pumps here in Kansas . I even pointed out I was running for fun, they didn't care.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
can I assume you have looked into special coatings to improve life?

I use something called Nano on a CVD we make and the life increase was substantial. We aren't even using it in ideal conditions and it still works quite well.

It's a vapor deposition process that adds virtually no thickness (.0001") and has very high wear and lubricity properties. I'd think something like that could really help in a pump.

Reaction score
Right now I'm just using brand new Bosch pumps. No coatings added. But I'm sure it could be done. I know there are some companies using coated plungers and barrels in p-pump stuff. Sooner or later the cost is going to out weigh the benefits of a modded single pump though I'm afraid.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.