MPD Budget Turbo kit install

williamallen13

Reaction score
Actually I disputed the $100 charge and then did a separate one for the $349 since I wasn't getting help from you or PIP at first after the whole gasket incident and after I found out about the extra $100 charge. In the beginning and after I got the gasket installed I emailed you with a couple videos and you said you'd look at them on Monday and let me know what you thought and then that Monday said to just contact PIP. I emailed PIP and got no response. Also when I got no help I called and told your guy to just refund the money since the tunes weren't working properly and he said he'd see what he could do since I wasn't happy. Then you texted me and said sorry no refunds so I emailed PIP again figuring I might as well see if they'd respond and I'm probably not getting a refund. They finally did reply. I got 4 original tunes and they've sent me 4 more since the original 4 didn't seem to be spooling right and the original level 4 tune had a fuel knock. Of the 4 new tunes 1 doesn't even run right since it's smoking out the tail pipe at idle. Then 2 of them won't seem to downshift at highway speeds even when I push the pedal down trying to get it to downshift. It just smokes like crazy till I let off or I manually downshift to get the rpms up to accelerate to go up any sort of incline. Also the shifting sometimes is very jerky and always lunges when I let off the accelerator at highway speeds. I even posted about it. Then the best mpgs I've seen is about 14 mpg, before the best was 18 mpg. I have also had a code repeatedly get thrown, p132a turbocharger boost control A circuit which puts the truck in limp mode and I have to reprogram the ecu to get it to clear. Posted about this one also. When it first came up I asked PIP about it and they didn't understand why it was coming up. Never sent any new tunes though. So out of a total of 8, I have 2 that I would say work well enough to drive. Still throws the code and still lunge when I let off at highway speeds.

So when Suntrust called me early last week and told me they were giving me back the $100 I told them I had another for $349 and wanted to put a stop on that one since they were finally trying to get the tunes to work. I was never informed about the $349 being refunded until you said it was because they never called to tell me about it. So when you insisted it was refunded I called and checked. After talking with Suntrust they told me that since my Suntrust Business account isn't technically the same as my Suntrust Business credit card they couldn't have cancelled it when I told them to and should have told me that. Even though I made the disputes at the same time.

Now I have to ask myself since I did get the refund and the tunes still aren't working right and you've been totally unprofessional about everything then should I pay you for tunes that are still not working hoping they get it right. Or spend the money on new tunes from another company I've been talking with who have references of other guys who have been running their tunes with my exact setup. Maybe next time you should call your customers and try to get it straightened out before bashing a customer online. I'm not a thief if I'm not running the tunes, it's called a refund. If tunes aren't working the way they are supposed to then shouldn't I be able to get a refund? Because if they worked right or you tried to help me at all then I wouldn't have had an issue and I'd never of asked for tune changes. I also came upon this thread:
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56113&showall=1
After reading it I'm definitely getting tuning from elsewhere.

Notneb

Reaction score
Will some mod ****** this thread so I don't have to be reminded that guys like this are reproducing? Seriously, ban this mouth-breathing thief so we don't have to waste time reading about his window licking exploits anymore.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually I disputed the $100 charge and then did a separate one for the $349 since I wasn't getting help from you or PIP at first after the whole gasket incident and after I found out about the extra $100 charge. In the beginning and after I got the gasket installed I emailed you with a couple videos and you said you'd look at them on Monday and let me know what you thought and then that Monday said to just contact PIP. I emailed PIP and got no response. Also when I got no help I called and told your guy to just refund the money since the tunes weren't working properly and he said he'd see what he could do since I wasn't happy. Then you texted me and said sorry no refunds so I emailed PIP again figuring I might as well see if they'd respond and I'm probably not getting a refund. They finally did reply. I got 4 original tunes and they've sent me 4 more since the original 4 didn't seem to be spooling right and the original level 4 tune had a fuel knock. Of the 4 new tunes 1 doesn't even run right since it's smoking out the tail pipe at idle. Then 2 of them won't seem to downshift at highway speeds even when I push the pedal down trying to get it to downshift. It just smokes like crazy till I let off or I manually downshift to get the rpms up to accelerate to go up any sort of incline. Also the shifting sometimes is very jerky and always lunges when I let off the accelerator at highway speeds. I even posted about it. Then the best mpgs I've seen is about 14 mpg, before the best was 18 mpg. I have also had a code repeatedly get thrown, p132a turbocharger boost control A circuit which puts the truck in limp mode and I have to reprogram the ecu to get it to clear. Posted about this one also. When it first came up I asked PIP about it and they didn't understand why it was coming up. Never sent any new tunes though. So out of a total of 8, I have 2 that I would say work well enough to drive. Still throws the code and still lunge when I let off at highway speeds.

So when Suntrust called me early last week and told me they were giving me back the $100 I told them I had another for $349 and wanted to put a stop on that one since they were finally trying to get the tunes to work. I was never informed about the $349 being refunded until you said it was because they never called to tell me about it. So when you insisted it was refunded I called and checked. After talking with Suntrust they told me that since my Suntrust Business account isn't technically the same as my Suntrust Business credit card they couldn't have cancelled it when I told them to and should have told me that. Even though I made the disputes at the same time.

Now I have to ask myself since I did get the refund and the tunes still aren't working right and you've been totally unprofessional about everything then should I pay you for tunes that are still not working hoping they get it right. Or spend the money on new tunes from another company I've been talking with who have references of other guys who have been running their tunes with my exact setup. Maybe next time you should call your customers and try to get it straightened out before bashing a customer online. I'm not a thief if I'm not running the tunes, it's called a refund. If tunes aren't working the way they are supposed to then shouldn't I be able to get a refund? Because if they worked right or you tried to help me at all then I wouldn't have had an issue and I'd never of asked for tune changes. I also came upon this thread:

like was said before , you are a classy individual . a thread about pip from 2 years ago , and they have bent over backwards to help you, even when you asked for revisions on an IMPROPER install and blamed THEM ! enjoy your theft , you obviously need it more than i do . you don't even know what does or doesn't work right . if you getting the money back get's someone like you out of my life, i'll chalk that up as a victory , it's just a shame there are people like you in our great country. i do applaud you for putting this all out in the open , so i don't have to do much explaining. pretty funny how much your dispute story has changed, even though THE TUNER has directly tried to help you. how could i help , or be of help, when you were getting direct assistance ???

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
That fact this idiot has confirmed he received the goods by admitting he ran the tunes then states he disputed the charges because "he wasn't getting help" shows how ***ing stupid this guy is. Dude... you can't dispute charges because someone won't answer the phone or return an email... you didn't pay for a phone call you paid for tunes which you admitted you received. To dispute the charge as "goods not received" is straight up fraud. This guy is a dumbass. Wow.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That fact this idiot has confirmed he received the goods by admitting he ran the tunes then states he disputed the charges because "he wasn't getting help" shows how ***ing stupid this guy is. Dude... you can't dispute charges because someone won't answer the phone or return an email... you didn't pay for a phone call you paid for tunes which you admitted you received. To dispute the charge as "goods not received" is straight up fraud. This guy is a dumbass. Wow.

that's the thing , he received MANY emails , including new files for problems he created with an improper install, that had nothing to do with the tuning, that has worked on MANY other trucks with zero issues.

cappa

Reaction score
I don't know why you guys are wasting your breath on this guy. From his first post you could tell he was a know it all ingrate. Its too bad it turned out this way thou. I just feel bad for anyone else who ends up trying to help this guy. Oh yeah and for his poor truck that will prob live a short, unfulfilled life.

jcain

Reaction score

Giving a refund on intellectual property doesn't happen nor should it. You're a special kind of stupid.

Reaction score
Besides the fact that you tried to get tunes corrected for a hardware/incorrect installation problem, you may not be aware that, every time you do a reflash, you're likely resetting the trans relearn which is probably why you keep getting erratic shifting. If you would let the trans do it's thing, it would more than likely start playing nice.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
I don't care contribute to the argument going on but was looking for potentially any reviews or write ups about the actual MPD budget turbo kit?

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61059

^ I found this thread from way back where MPD released the kit & said the test truck went from basically 450rwhp to 550rwhp on the stock fuel setup. But I was really more curious about the limits of this kit with factory fueling and what tune was used, what cold air intake & size exhaust I guess is what I'm asking to achieve those results (besides the obvious turbo swap)? Just has me kind of curious as I thought I had read where some were saying air flow with some intakes or exhaust setups weren't quite the same (4" deelete exhaust vs 5" DP back and the regular S&B intake versus say the larger sized No Limit intake?). I realize the obvious (the larger the diameter the greater the flow). But were these changes almost nothing or fairly significant? Also I'm assuming the gains would be less if this was on a 2015+ truck with it's updated turbo & fuel setup? Again I'm just assuming this from what all I have read on here. Thanks for any information or links

Last edited:

leland88

Reaction score
I purchased a bunch of stuff from Mike. It was all though email. I called him with my card number and we put it though. Later that day after work I had an email from Mike. Saying that we forgot the ccv in the payment. But he shipped the ccv and was basically confirming it was ok to do a second charge.
Second time dealing with Mike I had a problem with my tunes I thought. So he sent out new ones and all this stuff. In the end it was a problem on my part. I forgot a connection on the truck. I think he's one of the best in the business for service. Stand up guy and honest. It's hard to believe that he didn't try to make it right for you. And you taking that money back for no reason is horse ****. He did give you good and service you just had a ****ty install

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

jwanck11

Reaction score
Some people should not get out of bed without a helmet on.

I like to let things play - to see information continue to unfold. It's pretty clear:

OP, you are a thief, plain and simple. You received what you paid for. These people are NOT at your disposal as personal slaves - though you seem to believe it is OK to treat them that way.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Some people should not get out of bed without a helmet on.

I like to let things play - to see information continue to unfold. It's pretty clear:

OP, you are a thief, plain and simple. You received what you paid for. These people are NOT at your disposal as personal slaves - though you seem to believe it is OK to treat them that way.

hence why his punk ass turned tail and ran outta here.

Latest posts

Members online