P!P V8.02 lv4 Testing

Notneb

Reaction score
Ok so as some of you know I got pretty irate with another member over P!P releasing lv's 3 and 4 of v8.02. Well I contacted them today and am happy to say that lv3 and 4 are out for testing. I am currently loading lv4 v8.02 onto the truck right now, and will let you guys know what's what!

Again, it's official, Lv 3 and 4 of v8.02 are now available for TESTING.

Mechcont

Reaction score
That's great news thank you for the update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
So far on lv4 it locks up in second now, and holds gears longer. Very very smooth shifting at all throttle positions. Will update more later!

jwalk09

Reaction score
So I guess the other member did have the tunes ? Lol

Notneb

Reaction score
So I guess the other member did have the tunes ? Lol

Nope, they just released it for testing to myself and 5 other people today. So unless he's got a time machine, not possible.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
So far on lv4 it locks up in second now, and holds gears longer. Very very smooth shifting at all throttle positions. Will update more later!

good or super smokey??... lmk please and post up. I have the level 2 currently. awesome to daily it, however when want to roll on it there just is NOT enogh fuel obviously on a daily tune lol

Notneb

Reaction score
good or super smokey??... lmk please and post up. I have the level 2 currently. awesome to daily it, however when want to roll on it there just is NOT enogh fuel obviously on a daily tune lol

Unless you're in 6th and hammer it, no smoke so pretty much just like any other tuning. I will say it does not go into 6th gear below 50mph, so if you're looking for MPG's... Power seems a lot smoother on delivery, but a lot of that could be the trans tuning. Holding gears longer, smoother shifts, lock up in 2nd, just makes the truck a joy to drive. Compared to LV4 v7, it's night and day difference.

I will say I've yet to drive around when the trans temp is under 120, guys at P!P said it's a little aggressive when cold. So far though, I'm happy! Will update you on the cold trans shifting in the morn.

Nissankidd

Reaction score
Congrats on getting the latest tunes. Pip seems to be doing a good job with their tunes.

Notneb

Reaction score
So with a trans temp of 84 degrees when I left the house, this truck shifts amazing! So far only issue if you can call it that, is a slight 5-6 up shift flare. Still testing!

Mechcont

Reaction score
I loaded LVL4 this morning and put about 100 miles on it both HWY and some stop and go around town and shifting is spot on. The truck drives great with the new tuning and like Notneb said there is almost no smoke and the lockup is great. My daughter asked me what I was smiling about when I got out of the truck my response was "it's fast again".

Mike07270

Reaction score
We sent level 4 to a few people to test. That will probably end up being the level 3 because there is still more on the table. Once we have some more feed back we will release full set of files by the end of February. As most of you know not every truck reacts same way. We can only test so much in Florida so once we have feedback from people around country we will refine and do full release. Thanks for everyone's patience as some legal issues slowed down our testing

Notneb

Reaction score
I'll include my elevation with my feedback too, since y'all are at sea level! Also, if that's the new lv3, then I'm DEFINITELY interested in how much is still on the table... something to compete with $partan's 600 tune?!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.