Wot runs

williamallen13

Reaction score
What's the best way for a wot run? I mean do I need to turn traction control off and do I literally push the accelerator all the way to the floor at once? I just don't want to break anything getting a wot test run for tuning.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Traction and advance trac off, 4wd high, brake and raise rpm to around 2k rpm and wot when you let off the brake. Have fun! :ford: and hold on tight

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the best way to do a WOT run is to literally push the accelerator all the way down... that's why it's called WIDE OPEN THROTTLE

:confused:

williamallen13

Reaction score
When you say wot do I literally push all the way to the floor or just about 75%. May be a dumb question but with my s363 sometimes I feel like it's bogging down when to much throttle is being applied but I guess it may have something to do with tuning.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
well, I literally said to literally push it all the way to the floor.

Depending on tuning, going WOT from a dead stop can bury the turbo with too much fuel and/or hit it with more timing than it wants, which also hurts spool up.

Easing into the throttle a little from a cold dead stop before going WOT is normal/typical for a diesel vs. just stabbing the skinny pedal all the way.

But if your truck always feels stronger at 75% than it does at 100%, you need better tuning :eek:

williamallen13

Reaction score
Yea I replied and by the time I sent it I saw where you wrote all the way to the floor. I'm working with PIP on getting the tuning right so hopefully it'll get better. It's gotten better each time they've sent one.

williamallen13

Reaction score
I've noticed when I push the accelerator about 50% my torque apps pids read the engine at 100% load and takes the truck several seconds to build boost and bring the load % down. Is this all normal for a non vgt turbo? What exactly does the 100% load mean and is it bad to have it at 100%? With the stock turbo I could only get the load up to 80% and that's with boost at 22 psi. The engines load is definitely higher with the non vgt.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
it has to do with how they have the torque scaled in the tune

those torque and load PID's don't do a whole lot for the end user while driving around, though they can help the actual tuner if they're sitting behind the wheel

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
running PIP tunes that you stole ! after all the help they have been to you , even when your dumb ass improperly installed a turbo kit and complained that the tunes were the problem and they rush fixed them for you, for no reason ! then they've continued to support the product YOU purchased , and you are disputing the charges saying " you didn't receive the goods " ... you are low, and now this entire site knows about it. thanks for being a great customer .

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
running PIP tunes that you stole ! after all the help they have been to you , even when your dumb ass improperly installed a turbo kit and complained that the tunes were the problem and they rush fixed them for you, for no reason ! then they've continued to support the product YOU purchased , and you are disputing the charges saying " you didn't receive the goods " ... you are low, and now this entire site knows about it. thanks for being a great customer .

damn, another one of these guys? :mad:

Nj67

Reaction score
I would think him acknowledging "having" the tunes would be good enough proof for your end...??? Im sure with your connections his info has been passed on to other vendors to ignore.

This type of behavior is absolutely unacceptable and shouldn't be tolerated. I hope this scumbags truck blows the **** up. You are a disgrace. I absolutely hate thieves.

By the way... since you ripped of $400/ $500 tunes and saved that money....why not upgrade to a real tuner....i mean you are a contractor. Its your story so I'll let you tell it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah what a tool bag, good thing they can split up credit card charges so the guy can afford it.

williamallen13

Reaction score
All I got refunded was the $100 authorized charge. I paid the $350 for the tunes like I was quoted and invoiced for. That's called getting what you pay for. Not stealing. Your the liar saying I got them for free.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
All I got refunded was the $100 authorized charge. I paid the $350 for the tunes like I was quoted and invoiced for. That's called getting what you pay for. Not stealing. Your the liar saying I got them for free.

No one would only charge that for tunes. Nice work on splitting up the charges so you could protest it.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
1st - Puts a turbo kit on with no gasket and wonders why it runs like dog ****.
2nd - Steals tunes
3rd - Has to ask how to do a WIDE OPEN THROTTLE run...

Are you ***ing kidding me!? You push the ***ing throttle to the floor dip****.

Latest posts

Members online