Good mpg programmer for 6.7

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Have a customer in the shop that has left a 6.4 goin to a 6.7. He wants to get ******d and He's not concerned about power as much as he is with mpg. I run the h&S stock tunes on my 12 with a 4.5 lift with 37s and get around 15.5 somewhat mixed and I'm pretty happy with that. I guess what I'm asking is, what is main selling point for the h&S because I'm not really familiar with the ******* and sct set up. The main difference I see is the shift on the fly. Is there anything else? And I'm also curious about the no limit intake. I run s&b because it's easy to get filters for and is a clean look. What are the gains of running the no limit intake? Thanks

TrickTruck

Reaction score
H&S stops at '14, if he's getting a '15 or newer the H&S is not an option.

IMHO the stock canned H&S tunes suck compared to some of the custom written ones like g3arhead. Which is what I'm running and am happy with.

The No Limits intake is nice and seems to let the truck breath a little better, but (I'm sure I'll get flamed for this) it lacks a mount and bounces all over the place. It's nearly rubbed a hole in itself where it was rubbing on the hood. I put a rubber bumper on it as a stop-gap measure, but it needs a bracket. Most of the pics of the NL I've seen have a similar rub spot so I know it's not just me.

Truck seems to have picked up 1mpg w/ the no-limits too. I'm still skeptical of this, but it's difficult to argue with a spreadsheet. When I queried g3arhead about that, they said 'oh, yea, it will, our tunes are written for an aftermarket intake'. So there's that too.

Gleebag

Reaction score

IMHO the stock canned H&S tunes suck compared to some of the custom written ones like g3arhead. Which is what I'm running and am happy with.

The No Limits intake is nice and seems to let the truck breath a little better, but (I'm sure I'll get flamed for this) it lacks a mount and bounces all over the place. It's nearly rubbed a hole in itself where it was rubbing on the hood. I put a rubber bumper on it as a stop-gap measure, but it needs a bracket. Most of the pics of the NL I've seen have a similar rub spot so I know it's not just me.

Truck seems to have picked up 1mpg w/ the no-limits too. I'm still skeptical of this, but it's difficult to argue with a spreadsheet. When I queried g3arhead about that, they said 'oh, yea, it will, our tunes are written for an aftermarket intake'. So there's that too.

Hey bud I have the same rub issue, what was your solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigharm27

Reaction score

Yea I know he bought a 14. But when I was buying my h&S u couldn't get a sct with gear head tunes or at least that's what I was told. But I'm just trying to justify him paying more for shift on the fly but that's really all I can find with h&S. And thanks for the honest opinion on the intake. The one mpg sounds good uni

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea I know he bought a 14. But when I was buying my h&S u couldn't get a sct with gear head tunes or at least that's what I was told. But I'm just trying to justify him paying more for shift on the fly but that's really all I can find with h&S. And thanks for the honest opinion on the intake. The one mpg sounds good uni

The no limit stage 2 can rub when installed improperly. The stage 1 fits a bit easier. The stage 1 will net almost the same mileage. We sell the GH tunes for whatever intake you have. Let me know if we can help out ! Call the shop and ask for me.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
These things love warmer air temp and speeds under 70mph. I'm on 37s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 135

Bigharm27

Reaction score
I mean I wish I was getting better but for a heavy Ole lifted diesel. I ain't complaining. I had a f150 eco boost that was 2wd and only getting about 16.5 and it was all stock. I really need to get a no limit intake if there is a 1 mpg gain. Sounds like it is worth it

TrickTruck

Reaction score
These trucks have all the aerodynamics of a brick. If you want better mpg, slow down. @55 it gets a LOT better mpg than at 80. The other trick you can do is find a fast moving semi and draft them.

I did a Charlotte run one day in light to medium traffic (never got over 65) where it seemed like I was always behind some semi. Damn thing got 20mpg.

Notneb

Reaction score
These trucks have all the aerodynamics of a brick. If you want better mpg, slow down. @55 it gets a LOT better mpg than at 80. The other trick you can do is find a fast moving semi and draft them.

I did a Charlotte run one day in light to medium traffic (never got over 65) where it seemed like I was always behind some semi. Damn thing got 20mpg.

I get 14.5 all city driving, just being a smartass since for 8600lbs, and "spirited driving, 14.5 is damn good!

Jomax

Reaction score
I got 8mpg coming home from CA. Enclosed trailer running 75-80 will do that LOL

Notneb

Reaction score
I got 8mpg coming home from CA. Enclosed trailer running 75-80 will do that LOL

8mpg towing at 80mph is still insane when you think about it, because weight at that speed doesn't matter near as much as drag, the vacuum behind that trailer is MASSIVE.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Running stock height and tires I'm easily seeing 16-ish for my city driving and 18-ish for HWY@ 73MPH. The BEST thing about the MPGs is regen cycles are now gone. I'm using PIP Level 2 V7.2 and drive pretty normal. Let's even throw in there the winter fuel mix. If I can gain 1-2MPG by going to a hotter file I'll be even happier.

I know the companies out there are working on new files/updates for whatever device so the future is bright!!

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I'm telling you the v8.0 tunes are ten times the v7 tunes. I am on level 2 v8 and they are light years above the old. trans tuning is much improved. just email them

Last edited:

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Just an FYI to those of you who haul trailers at high speeds...

Unless you've upgraded your tires, you probably have ST tires and these are speed limited to 65mph.

@80 they are a blowout waiting to happen. When they blow you probably don't know it and drag it for a few more miles. The damage can be pretty intense.

You can normally upgrade to LT tires and get the speed/load rating you need to run at high speed.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
i have had a few customers reporting over 20 mpg in a ******d 6.4 towing. a 6.7 wont touch that. whats the difference between the two? is it tuning or just that a 6.4 gets better gas mileage.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.