Need HELP!!

CCasidy2016

Reaction score
Ok, this is my first post on the forum but have been lurking for a while. I have learned a lot of great things. I recently picked up my first powerstroke. A 2012 6.7 XLT with 120, xxx miles. I got with Mike at NoLimit and purchased a ****** kit with the SCT X4 programmer. So after receiving my stuff last week I finally got the chance to get everything installed. When I finished up it was late so I was only able to start the truck in the garage and make sure there were no leaks and what not. Well I felt the truck was really laggy so the following day I contacted NoLimit and they sent me some new tunes to try. I got home from work and loaded the updated tunes. I let the truck get up to temperature and took the truck for a drive. The truck will not build any boost and has no power at all. It's so bad that with the pedal to the floor the truck will barely break 30mph. I have been in contact with Mike trying to get this sorted out with no success. Also when revving up the engine it has a huge hesitation and takes for ever to get to 3k rpm's. Have any of you ever experienced this? I have checked to make sure everything is tight with no leaks! I tried updating the programmer and reloading the tunes. The truck is not throwing any codes at all. Truck ran great before. Please help! I am at my wits end and really don't want to return this thing to stock.

Last edited:

CCasidy2016

Reaction score
I have contacted Mike. He is working with Gear Head to try and figure out what is going on. I just thought I would throw it out there to see if anybody else has came across this.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have contacted Mike. He is working with Gear Head to try and figure out what is going on. I just thought I would throw it out there to see if anybody else has came across this.

yep we sure are. its tough when there are no codes.its a strange issue for sure, but we are working hard to get it fixed asap.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Have you updated the tuner itself lately? I had the EXACT same problem and the tuner was not updated. Truck made absolutely no power, than didn't move at all. Would step on pedal, it wouldn't move than all of a sudden the power was there. Try putting the truck back to stock, updating the tuner, than reload it. I have an SCT as well.

EDIT: Never mind just read the last sentence of your post and you did update the tuner. Maybe try a different tune in the truck?

CCasidy2016

Reaction score
Yes, I have updated the tuner but with no help to my issues. I have tried all the tunes I have with all the same result.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your new tuner! Are all the sensors plugged in (map, temp sensor after intercooler etc.)? Have you tried disconnecting both batteries (more at least 5 minutes) to do a reset?

CCasidy2016

Reaction score
All sensors are plugged in as far as I know. I am away from the truck right now but will double check them asap. Haven't tried disconnecting the batteries but I will.

Txfiremn

Reaction score
How did you update the tuner? It needs to be plugged into the computer and not downloaded over WiFi. That was my problem with my SCT.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your new tuner! Are all the sensors plugged in (map, temp sensor after intercooler etc.)? Have you tried disconnecting both batteries (more at least 5 minutes) to do a reset?

if you're refering to a KAM reset it's a little more involved than just unplugging the batteries lol . anyway, we will get this fixed. about to send you an email cody .

CCasidy2016

Reaction score
Nope. I wish! Called Mike today and was told Luke was working on the issue and that he would call me. Still waiting on a call! Tried disconnecting the batteries for a while and ******** the device updater and reinstalling. Still the same issue.

CCasidy2016

Reaction score
Yea, I'm going to have to do something soon because I can't keep my truck sitting much longer.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Tune the truck back to stock, just on the tune and try starting it. See if it revs up normal and stuff then. I wouldn't drive it around or even run it long with everything off of it like that though. Just to see if taking that tune off solves the problem. Seems like something didn't cross over right. Its not smoking a ton out the tail pipe or anything is it?

CCasidy2016

Reaction score
Nope no smoke. I will give it a try tomorrow and see how it acts. As soon as I tune it back to stock I get a reduced power message. Will this affect the way the truck revs?

Notneb

Reaction score
Rsduced power message will come on until all the d3leted items are out back on. Computer will keep it like that until all connectors are back on. Even then I disconnect my batts to reset everything. I do this every damn year thanks to stupid emissions laws... Hope you find out the prob soon!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Nope no smoke. I will give it a try tomorrow and see how it acts. As soon as I tune it back to stock I get a reduced power message. Will this affect the way the truck revs?

Yeah it may, I'm no guru with this by any means just a though that I had that popped into my head. I would almost put money on its something stupid like a sensor somewhere though.

Latest posts

Members online