Trade 2014 for 2016 help

leland88

Reaction score
Hey everyone
Well I was talking with the dealer and for 6 grand I can upgrade my 2014 lariat that's not quite fully loaded with 50k km for a brand new 2016 fully loaded lariat. I know price wise I should do it. I'm just looking for some Insight. I'm completely happy with my current truck. If I was to do it I think I would upgrade my SB to a LB. My ****** would move over. I know the egr needs a hose or something. My cts won't work I believe. And I'm not sure my sct with 14 tunes will work. So is the larger turbo and fuel pump worth it? I know the transmission is weaker. And the engine brake is a crap shoot if it works when ******d. So the question I guess. Would you take off all your old ******d parts. And trade for the exact same truck except 2 yrs newer no km. With the only new options being nav and a sunroof. When your happy with your current one.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

leland88

Reaction score
Also a long box. But ya I know what your saying. The only thing is the dealer offering 0% interest on the new one. We're on mine I'm paying interest

Jgon08

Reaction score
Also a long box. But ya I know what your saying. The only thing is the dealer offering 0% interest on the new one. We're on mine I'm paying interest

If it was me I would do it, the no interest will pay for itself over time.

Reaction score
I went from a 2011 to a 2016 and I love the changes they made to the engine!! My 2016 feels so much stronger than my 2011 was in every way. There really hasnt been a comparison between the two in my opinion. Both trucks have had their parts fall off and I also have had G3arhead tunes on both of them. My 2016 on the street tune feels stronger than my 2011 on race. Also, while the trans may be a little weaker (definitely need good tuning), all my shifting feels a lot more refined that it did on my 2011. Overall, I definitely love every aspect of the drive-ability better on my 2016

leland88

Reaction score
I went from a 2011 to a 2016 and I love the changes they made to the engine!! My 2016 feels so much stronger than my 2011 was in every way. There really hasnt been a comparison between the two in my opinion. Both trucks have had their parts fall off and I also have had G3arhead tunes on both of them. My 2016 on the street tune feels stronger than my 2011 on race. Also, while the trans may be a little weaker (definitely need good tuning), all my shifting feels a lot more refined that it did on my 2011. Overall, I definitely love every aspect of the drive-ability better on my 2016
Thanks for the response

Notneb

Reaction score
Went from a 2012 to my '15, 2012 was just basic d3letes with a mini maxx. 2015 is soooo much faster, power delivery is much smoother.

Notneb

Reaction score
So do It and don't look back. Did you remove your ******s from your old truck?

2012 had the following mods: 4" BDS 4-link lift, 20" rims with 35's.
Mini Maxx, AFE intake, AFE 5" exhaust
I left the factory CCV and intake on

2015 mods are in my sig, only big changes are the piping and CCV reroute, nothing that equals power gain. My 2012 would get walked by my buddies LBZ, usually by 4-6 car lengths. 2015 stays 1-2 lengths ahead now :D

Latest posts

Members online