update CCV mod pics...

strokin6L

Reaction score
this is in the rear? i might do this...how did you connect the other hose and run it back down? 3/4 id to 3/4 id male/male fitting and clamps?

No...it's straight down from the valve cover to the frame rail inside the driver's side front wheel well.

Dlinzy

Reaction score
No...it's straight down from the valve cover to the frame rail inside the driver's side front wheel well.

This is how i routed mine as well, bought a preformed 18" hose with a 90 on the end of it for like 4.98 at AutoZone turned the 90 along the frame rail so any passing air will pull the fumes out.

can't smell it or have yet to have a single drip, if it does i'll stick a K&N valve cover filter on it dry not oiled to absorb the engine oil and change once all black.

Pics tomorrow when i upgrade my CAC Tube.

D

Dlinzy

Reaction score
IMAG0579.jpg

Rotate Dog House Fitting up.

IMAG0581.jpg

Connect AutoZone Hose # 71491 and route down to frame rail, turn to ensure 90 points to back of truck..

All Good for less than $8.00

Denny

Nic

Reaction score
IMAG0579.jpg

Rotate Dog House Fitting up.

IMAG0581.jpg

Connect AutoZone Hose # 71491 and route down to frame rail, turn to ensure 90 points to back of truck..

All Good for less than $8.00

Denny

i like this! gonna go get it today. thanks man!

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
well, got the canister from TSC..plumbing from Lowes..got hose from the auto parts store..will be installing this weekend..still debating whether i should re-route it back to the intake or put a filter on one end and just drain it when its full..Do 03s really need the vacuum?

cac.jpg

ccv.jpg
How did you mount the canister? I have mine run to the back of the cab but have not mounted the canister yet. Looking for ideas if you or anyone has pics? I have the same one in these pics. Thanks

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

bboteler

Reaction score
This is next weeks project for me...I'd like to know if running it back to the intake is necessary or if I can get away with just putting a filter on in and plugging the intake hole. Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't done this yet...my boots are getting bad.

Nic

Reaction score
This was an old thread. I never did use that canister. I just routed it to atmo. I also sold that truck. I miss it too.

Latest posts

Members online