update CCV mod pics...

Nic

Reaction score
well, got the canister from TSC..plumbing from Lowes..got hose from the auto parts store..will be installing this weekend..still debating whether i should re-route it back to the intake or put a filter on one end and just drain it when its full..Do 03s really need the vacuum?

cac.jpg

ccv.jpg

Nic

Reaction score
^^ in fear of it clogging i guess..not to mention the foul smell..and i dont want oil all over the bottom side of my truck, and on the rims or whatever else..personal pref

windrunner408

Reaction score
Unless you route the CCV back to the intake tube, you are going to have the foul smell to some extent but I can tell you from personal experience that it is VERY minimal (at least on my truck) and I have yet to see any oil either drip on the ground, spray on the underside of my truck or get on the wheels. I fully understand that it is personal preference but in all honesty for $20 you can do the mod and save your boots. JMO and hope this helps.

Nic

Reaction score
^^ well thank ya bud..i did spend 35..was planning on goin back up to the inake with iut but just not sure yet..do the 03s NEED that vacuum?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Route the hose behind the fan shroud, all the air generated by the fan does great for getting rid of the smell/ smoke.

Nic

Reaction score
havent done anything to it yet no but still have everything..all the talk is almost making me want to just run it to atmo if our trucks dont need the vacuum..idk..not sure yet. still debating.

Nic

Reaction score
mine is routed straight down to the frame in the drivers side wheel well. I've had the CCV mod on my done to my truck for over 7 years and have yet to see an oil droplet on the ground, on my rims or anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V51bkC8HgEM&feature=plcp

this is in the rear? i might do this...how did you connect the other hose and run it back down? 3/4 id to 3/4 id male/male fitting and clamps?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Cut the clip and old piece of hose off of the plastic elbow. Then, just rotate it and put it on.

Members online

No members online now.