Florida PowerStroker 6.4

DPwrStroke

Reaction score
Sup guys I'm new to this page. i wanted to see if maybe you guys have an idea of the noise situation i have. i got a 2010 6.4 every time i turn on truck and drive about half a block theres a Squealing noise around the turbo area then it goes away. only happens at the beginning when i drive it. i would appreciate some help.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Sup guys I'm new to this page. i wanted to see if maybe you guys have an idea of the noise situation i have. i got a 2010 6.4 every time i turn on truck and drive about half a block theres a Squealing noise around the turbo area then it goes away. only happens at the beginning when i drive it. i would appreciate some help.

Welcome

sootie

Reaction score
pull the air intake and check for in/out shaft play in the atmo turbo.

also check for soot around the exhaust manifolds and pre-turbo exhaust connections.

DPwrStroke

Reaction score
Thank you all so I went ahead and removed the air intake and there was no play at all. It's really coming out from the smaller turbo which I think it's the main one. Btw the truck does not throw no white smoke nor any check engine lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
There are a couple things that you need to check, I would start with the uppipes from the manifolds to the turbos. I have seen several leak right at the turbo. Looks for black soot that is out of place. The gaskets when they leak make a terrible sound, and then when they warm up things expand enough to seal back up. I would also look at the bellows (flexible part of the uppipes) for leaks, or soot. UNder the truck or from the top is the best way to check. You are going to most likely have to take the inner fenders out to do a good inspection.

DPwrStroke

Reaction score
all wheel drive failure

sup guys so today i flick the awd switch on my 2010 6.4 by accident when i put it on drive. i put the truck back on neutral and put it back on 2wd. all it would do is flash the 4x4low. i had no choice but to get under the truck and remove the motor that switches the awd to then put it manually on 2wd i tested the motor and it was properly working if you have any suggestion with my situation i will appreciate it thanks :fordoval:

Latest posts

Members online