Brake fade after driving long distance

psdguy95

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the brakes on my 02. Ever since I've owned the truck the brakes have never really seemed to stop all that well. I recently replaced the rear calipers, pads and rotors, due to being worn out , but also because I thought that was why the brakes always sucked. I also had the pins on the front calipers seize up on me but I have fixed that as well. The issue is the brakes still don't stop any better then before. It feels like I have to mash tje pedal to get the truck to stop. Also i noticed that when traveling on the interstate the problem gets worse when trying to stop after getting back onto city rodes. I'm not losing any brake fluid. Truck doesn't pull when braking either. I'm at a loss of what could be causing this. All the rotors feel to be the same temp after driving around but have not verified with a temp gun. Sorry for the novel but any input would be appreciated.

psdguy95

Reaction score
I flushed the brake fluid when I did the rear calipers and then later I did the power steering when I changed the pump.

psdguy95

Reaction score
I don't notice any difference in steering after driving for a while so i don't think the fluid is over heating. I'll have to find my temp gun and see.

psdguy95

Reaction score
I didn't have any air in the brakes when i stopped bleeding them. I really want to get a pressure bleeder on it and flush the system out again.

mandkole

Reaction score
Agree with air (could be sucking it in over time), MC leak, etc. Do you still have factory flex hoses? Ive had issues with the rear one near the diff becoming clogged and theres just no fluid flow to move the calipers.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Agree with air (could be sucking it in over time), MC leak, etc. Do you still have factory flex hoses? Ive had issues with the rear one near the diff becoming clogged and theres just no fluid flow to move the calipers.
I do still have the factory hoses. I've been wanting to change those out but haven't got around to it. I know the rear calipers are grabbing because its wearing on the rotors and i get brake dust on the rear wheels like normal. Maybe they just aren't grabbing enough? It does kind of feel like the truck nose dives a lot when i brake. But thats also because i feel like im mashing the pedal to get it to stop.

psdguy95

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online