2015 f250 shortbed 6.7 4x4

kicker417

Reaction score
Quick question maybe somebody can help me out. Ive had this incident happen to me several times. When ever i am backing up and then shift into drive it tends to take a couple of seconds before it makes a clunking sound and then it engages. Truck only has 4,000 miles. Is this normal or should i start looking at something.....

Buck1

Reaction score
Happens consistently on my 2011. Was hoping new trucks were better. Happens to me more just shifting into reverse. Assume I have slow/sticky solenoids.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Mine does it coming out of reverse only. Drives me nuts so I always pop it in neutral for a split second before going to drive instead of going directly to drive and it prevents it from doing it

EOSLTD

Reaction score
There was a recall for delayed engagement for certain 2011-12 builds. Under the recall, trans had to be removed and the pump replaced, oil was draining back into the pan after the truck is shut off, would take a few seconds to fill everthing up after the truck fired up. Not sure if this is an issue with the newer models.

Reaction score
Yeah, my 15 shifts just as bad(slow) as all the others. They do not shift fast from forward to reverse. I catch myself banging it because I don't wait long enough for it to engage before I try and accelerate. Have to count to two or three lol. Then go.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, my 15 shifts just as bad(slow) as all the others. They do not shift fast from forward to reverse. I catch myself banging it because I don't wait long enough for it to engage before I try and accelerate. Have to count to two or three lol. Then go.

just know , the lazier it gets going into reverse, the worse your clutches are. mine has been getting slower by the week going it R .

kicker417

Reaction score
Yeah i usually count to 3 or put it in neutral myself i just wanted to make i wasnt the only one with this problem

Latest posts

Members online