2016 Project - 2015+ Turbo Bolt On Compound Kit - Midwest Diesel

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I have this question too but non VGT. Can you add a 2nd charger to a non vgt set up on the 6.7 and it be steetable?

We're actually doing one like this right now. It's going to have a Budget Kit from MPD with a S363 SXE and then the Industrial add-a-turbo kit with a S475 feeding it with a Midwest built engine and trans and S&S 60% injectors. Thing should be a riot for sure. Can't wait to see how it does. Obviously not really on the same level as doing a Precision unit but it should still be a runner.

doo dah

Reaction score
We're actually doing one like this right now. It's going to have a Budget Kit from MPD with a S363 SXE and then the Industrial add-a-turbo kit with a S475 feeding it with a Midwest built engine and trans and S&S 60% injectors. Thing should be a riot for sure. Can't wait to see how it does. Obviously not really on the same level as doing a Precision unit but it should still be a runner.

I'd like to hear how that turns out. It would be overkill on my truck since I'd likely need to build the engine and add tons of fuel. Mine is a DD and tow pig so need reliability. Was thinking a '15 pump and FASS/AD/H&S LPFP with a second charger might put me in the 650 range without worrying too much about drive pressure or bending rods.

getstroked27

Reaction score
I'd like to hear how that turns out. It would be overkill on my truck since I'd likely need to build the engine and add tons of fuel. Mine is a DD and tow pig so need reliability. Was thinking a '15 pump and FASS/AD/H&S LPFP with a second charger might put me in the 650 range without worrying too much about drive pressure or bending rods.

15 pump and a 364.5 will do everything you just described with ease.

redneck1

Reaction score
Maybe venting a little but why are twin kits so expensive and hard to find? My cousin just installed twins on his lml for $2800. Simple bolt on running a s475 over the stocker. Just kinda frustrating trying to run against these guys with any sort of a budget. Guess you have to put up with a gm product to get that. Not meaning to put down anyone because I know it takes a lot of r&d, just my thoughts.

KCCO

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Really need a PRICE..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Have you emailed me to get on the pricing/waiting list?

Please refer to my previous post***

****For everyone wanting pricing, you need to send me an email with your power goals, and set up to [email protected]

I will try to look through them all through the next week to start to anticipate things and set up pricing as we go.

We will also be taking preorders on the first few kits if people are for sure they want to go that route, and to get the turbos ready.

Thanks
Jared

----------------------------

This kit is more complete than anything else on the market, and seeing as how nothing else is even out there except the "hack your hood" industrial kit for the 11-14, this is leaps and bounds ahead.

We are trying to include absolutely everything we possibly can, and have our margins exact to half of a percent, so my dealers can make money, we can make money, and you, as the end user aren't paying more because we made a "rough guess" on our actual cost here.

I would prefer other companies to keep their sales pushes to their own adds as well please, this post is for our compound kit, nothing else matters.

This kit will be only be offered WITH turbo's right off the bat, which at this time, will all be precision ball bearing units alone. I'm not going to put up with guys calling and whining because their box borg warner charger doesn't sound the same as the 3,800.00 Precision Unit in the video, because, unfortunately, it will happen. I've been there, it isn't worth the time or hassle.

This kit is guaranteed to work with a 15 - 17 style turbocharger.

THAT is it. If you want to buy a kit and try to make it work with another companies drop in non vgt kit or what not, that completely falls to you.

We did not build this as a non vgt compound kit.

You also have to understand, that every single non vgt kit on the market is different than another companies. Also, some companies have had multiple revisions, etc, to how they build them

The time and money it would take to build a universal provision for every single one of these would be ridiculous, and the engineering costs alone would push the price for everyone else up as well, its just not something we are interested in doing.

If you would like to discuss building a custom compound set up with your previously purchased high pressure charger, please email me, at [email protected] and we can discuss options.

We're currently hammering through trying to get the parts list and cost finished up, but we have 5 trucks here getting motors, so we're a little backed up to say the least, production falls behind keeping the shop moving.

Again, any questions or concerns please shoot me an email to [email protected]

Thanks
Jared

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
So this will work with a streetmax or similar?

Where does the oil drain go for the low pressure charger? Something that could be added on without pulling the engine?

This is actually plumbed back into the oil filter housing area, its pretty slick the way it was done.

I'll try to get some pictures if all the ice on this truck melts off this week. Lol

ford rules

Reaction score
This looks like an amazingly well built kit, but it is Midwest so I expect nothing less!!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
man that kit sounds amazing! what's the potential for max hp in a 6.7 with this kit?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
ea7687d79aa614442d7639a938ec331a.jpg

We finally had some time to work a little more with this thing after we finished up inventory last week

Got the PTP Lava Blankets in for the kits, which looks great on there, after a nice spirited test drive the blanket was still nice and cool like we wanted

The coolest part is this truck is actually tuned by SCT at this time, running and driving flawlessly, and, it's got a 10MM LMM pump. That being said, I tip my hat to the boss for the files.

For those of you waiting on the pricing emails, I should hopefully be in touch with all of you by the end of the week to discuss options

If anyone else is seriously interested in one of these kits please be sure to get me an email ASAP.

We will be shipping 10 of these kits right off the bat on a first come first serve basis, so make sure you are in line if it's something you want - [email protected]

Stay posted for some more videos if the weather cooperates.

Jared

Jomax

Reaction score
So how long will a stock motor last with this kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
So how long will a stock motor last with this kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on tuning, and which charger + housing is picked, potentially indefinitely.

If you put a very snappy turbo and run it on the race tune, it'll probably give up the ghost sooner rather than later

04cr450

Reaction score
Very interested in this kit... but.. rods will be added as well- I can't see a stock engine lasting with this setup,they barely.last with a race tune(granted that is running the pee hole out of it but still)

Latest posts

Members online