Really Bizarre Question

redneck1

Reaction score
Is there any way to program my chime to sound like the 17s? I have a 16 and I hate the chime, but I love the way the 17 sounds. Really strange question, but can't say I've ever read or heard anything about changing it. I know it's probably not possible but I figured I'd ask. Don't even know where the speaker that runs it is. I don't know where to even post this thread, lol.

KCCO

Last edited:

slowcoupe

Reaction score
I don't think the chime comes from the speakers. Usually the key/door chimes comes from a unit underneath the dash. There is a way to disable the chime by taking the plastic column surround apart and removing a blue wire inside

Last edited:

redneck1

Reaction score
I don't think the chime comes from the speakers. Usually the key/door chimes comes from a unit underneath the dash. There is a way to disable the chime by taking the plastic column surround apart and removing a blue wire inside

Yeah, I did that on about day two after buying the truck. It's just a key in ignition chime, but you can lock your doors with the key in, at least if you snip the blue wire. Not a big deal. I just love the way the 17 sounds, a lot more pleasant to the ears!

KCCO

Latest posts

Members online