Opinions on RSK??

JCart

Reaction score
I've not experienced death wobble but doing up the track bar with new bushings make a significant difference seems to me like 350 lbs ft of torque is needed. I've also installed front and rear anti-sways and it rides and steers so much nicer, flat around corners at speed empty or loaded. Air bags on the rear are awesome too with SD springs. Redhead steering box is on the list too.

j

freddie

Reaction score
The death wobble hasn't happened again since I posted a while back. I am just sorting out other steering/handling issues now, trying to get it to drive as good as you guys claim your trucks drive. Haha!

freddie

Reaction score
Finally picked up my U code fronts, B code rears, and ordered a Firestone Ride-Rite kit. I'll update after I get the springs installed.

I got new wheels and tires (needed tires, ran across a deal on Eagle Alloys I couldn't pass up) and the truck won't fit out of my garage until I cut my driveway some, and/or lower the truck an inch.

Plan will be to get the springs, bags, steering stabilizer, and sway bar installed, then buy injectors, HPOP and hydra before I drop the coin on the Fox shocks everyone is suggesting. Have to have more ponies before I pull the camper down to Tennessee again this year. Lol

Attachments

• 20170320_191217.jpg
    20170320_191217.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 102

freddie

Reaction score
I know I can do that if I need to get it out of the garage. I don't need to drive it till the work is done anyways though

JCart

Reaction score
Updates? Rides and handles wickedly now?

Just bought a pristine 97 ECLB 4x4 7.3 E4OD 91,000 Kms (55k miles). Gonna swap a D60 and RSK, with SD springs front rear with anti sways. Already has air bags on it I'm excited...

freddie

Reaction score
House projects and fishing have kept me busy so I haven't got the SD springs or air bags in.

Truck has those Ridge Grapplers on it, and after replacing my steering shaft, the truck drives a thousand times better. Have to do this stuff and a T4/Intercooler/Injector install before August.

bluedge8

Reaction score
bringing this back up from the dead, Freddie how is your truck running? I just started on my RSK a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had much time to work on it. I don't have it done yet but set it on the wheels and have somehow achieved aprox 4+ inches of lift, which I'm not happy about. I bought new U code springs, which I hope will settle a little bit. The front is higher than the back now by 1-2"- I'm wondering if just putting air bags on the rear if it will help. I still have stock rear springs- would B codes in the rear help bring the back end up to level? thanks.

freddie

Reaction score
bringing this back up from the dead, Freddie how is your truck running? I just started on my RSK a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had much time to work on it. I don't have it done yet but set it on the wheels and have somehow achieved aprox 4+ inches of lift, which I'm not happy about. I bought new U code springs, which I hope will settle a little bit. The front is higher than the back now by 1-2"- I'm wondering if just putting air bags on the rear if it will help. I still have stock rear springs- would B codes in the rear help bring the back end up to level? thanks.
Oh, the truck rides better than it runs. Ha! I'm kidding. It really doesn't want to start at temps below 35°F. I've got new injectors, T4 kit, glow plugs, etc to install this winter once I finish with some home remodeling. So I haven't worried about the cold start issue. I don't drive it in the winter anyways.

I think once you start driving it, it'll settle a bit. Especially with new springs, it'll take a while. I am happy with my truck's ride, but I still have some changes to make. I have V codes in the truck now, with stock rear springs - with add a leafs, which stiffen the ride quite a bit. I think it rides good but still pretty firm. I have U codes fronts and B codes for the rear to install - as well as airbags to account for the softer B code rear springs - Again, just trying to finish up other projects before I tear the truck apart.

Like Billy asked, what height RSK did you order? I'm thinking you'll drop at least half an inch, maybe more, once you get those brand new springs settled in. It may take a few months.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Which kit did you end of going with?

What height are you trying to achieve?

Billy T.
[email protected]
I bought the PMF 2.25" RSK, with new U code springs and fox 2.0 shocks. I didn't want to lift it at all but I knew it would go up, I guess between the 2.25 and new springs I netted 4"+ of lift.
Oh, the truck rides better than it runs. Ha! I'm kidding. It really doesn't want to start at temps below 35°F. I've got new injectors, T4 kit, glow plugs, etc to install this winter once I finish with some home remodeling. So I haven't worried about the cold start issue. I don't drive it in the winter anyways.

I think once you start driving it, it'll settle a bit. Especially with new springs, it'll take a while. I am happy with my truck's ride, but I still have some changes to make. I have V codes in the truck now, with stock rear springs - with add a leafs, which stiffen the ride quite a bit. I think it rides good but still pretty firm. I have U codes fronts and B codes for the rear to install - as well as airbags to account for the softer B code rear springs - Again, just trying to finish up other projects before I tear the truck apart.

Like Billy asked, what height RSK did you order? I'm thinking you'll drop at least half an inch, maybe more, once you get those brand new springs settled in. It may take a few months.

I am hoping that It drops an inch. I should have known it was going to end up this high. I already started looking for the old man running boards to put on it. Ultimately I want it to ride better than it did and if it takes going up to do that then so be it.

freddie

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I think you will net at least 3.25" when it's all said and done. My truck ended up just a smidge taller than I wanted, but once I get the U/B springs installed, I think I will drop .5-1" total.

Like you, I intend to put running boards on. I picked up a set intended for an F150, I just need to make mounts.

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
Mine only gained 1 inch with the pmf 2.25 rsk and v codes. I bought used springs from a junk yard though. I think it sits just perfect. It still has some rake to it and I like that.

I guess it looks pretty level in the pics but it does sit a little higher in the rear.

freddie

Reaction score
I bought the PMF 2.25" RSK, with new U code springs and fox 2.0 shocks. I didn't want to lift it at all but I knew it would go up, I guess between the 2.25 and new springs I netted 4"+ of lift.
It just dawned on me that your truck is an F350, so I am a bit surprised that you gained that much height. An F250 would be more believable. You're confident that you got new U codes and not something else?

Mine only gained 1 inch with the pmf 2.25 rsk and v codes. I bought used springs from a junk yard though. I think it sits just perfect. It still has some rake to it and I like that.

I guess it looks pretty level in the pics but it does sit a little higher in the rear.
I think it looks great!! That is more like the lift height I would expect Bluedge8 to get, being that his truck is also a CCLB. I'm betting those new springs have everything to do with it.

Can you measure what your front suspension is? Maybe from the center of the hub to the lip of the fender, or the shock, eye to eye? Curious how it compares to my truck, as I also have the 2.25" RSK and used V codes. I feel like my truck looks taller.

I sometimes wish my truck was a CCLB, mostly due to wanting to travel with a truck camper.

freddie

Reaction score
Thought I would post 2 pics of the truck from this summer, for reference, as far as height goes. Those are 35x12.5R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

The step bars were just clamped on while I was thinking of how to mount them.

Attachments

• 20170414_090622 (1).jpg
    20170414_090622 (1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 78
  • 20170629_193205.jpg
    20170629_193205.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75

bluedge8

Reaction score
It just dawned on me that your truck is an F350, so I am a bit surprised that you gained that much height. An F250 would be more believable. You're confident that you got new U codes and not something else?

I think it looks great!! That is more like the lift height I would expect Bluedge8 to get, being that his truck is also a CCLB. I'm betting those new springs have everything to do with it.

Can you measure what your front suspension is? Maybe from the center of the hub to the lip of the fender, or the shock, eye to eye? Curious how it compares to my truck, as I also have the 2.25" RSK and used V codes. I feel like my truck looks taller.

I sometimes wish my truck was a CCLB, mostly due to wanting to travel with a truck camper.
I think it has more to do with my old springs being that worn out. If you could measure from the center of the axle to the highest point of the wheel well (outside lip where the chrome goes) I'll get that measurement in a little bit.
Thought I would post 2 pics of the truck from this summer, for reference, as far as height goes. Those are 35x12.5R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

The step bars were just clamped on while I was thinking of how to mount them.
I'll grab a pic of the front tires with the truck on the ground with 285's that measure 32" tall as well.

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
Yea ill measure it tomorrow. My tires are 305/70r17 toyo at2. They rub a little bit if I hit a bump at full lock. I will most likely go with a slightly smaller tire next time. I mostly use my truck to haul my fifth wheel and its just a bit taller than I would like.

Your truck looks awsome Freddy. I love those ccsb trucks with 35s. If I didn't need my truck to haul my camper and stuff i would have gone with a short box.

Latest posts

Members online