Swamps injectors and new cups

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm going to try and call tomorrow but I work on a pipeline 4am to 6pm and don't have alot of cell service. Today I had none. If those injectors arnt done and shipped there getting cancelled. It shouldn't take more then 8 days to make and ship and I can't just keep putting off getting the truck done as its my only vehicle. If all this doesn't get here by Friday then Im screwed as I already put in for the 3 days off . I'm feeling a bit aggrivated at the moment.

Thems kinda plans never work in the diesel market. Id jakecsure you have another source before you tell them to pound it

cbf9703

Reaction score
Frank, go build him some injecrors already lol
Hahaha I stay out of that bay unless it's to BS with someone.
I'm going to try and call tomorrow but I work on a pipeline 4am to 6pm and don't have alot of cell service. Today I had none. If those injectors arnt done and shipped there getting cancelled. It shouldn't take more then 8 days to make and ship and I can't just keep putting off getting the truck done as its my only vehicle. If all this doesn't get here by Friday then Im screwed as I already put in for the 3 days off . I'm feeling a bit aggrivated at the moment.
So..... Based on the first few posts, you went to do glow plugs 3 days ago and ordered cups and injectors, planned for them to be in by midnight this coming Friday and have the truck down until at least Sunday anyway? But now you're on a rig with no cell service and if the injectors aren't shipped already, you're canceling the order you aren't sure you'll be happy with because you're thinking you'd rather have a different injector?

I'm really confused. Sorry about your situation, but I still recommend calling and talking to them during their normal business hours Monday-Friday or waiting for an emailed response during that time.

Best of luck with the truck regardless.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Well I'm not siding with swamps or anything. But it is tax return time so there is probably a lot of orders they need to fill right now. If you do end up cancelling your order with them, call around and see what other companies have on the shelf. Full force and PIS are both great from what I've heard. I run PIS with no issues to speak of. See what the other shops have on the shelf and can get out in a hurry. Just a bad time of year to be in a rush.

As for the injector cup tool, I've never tried to rent one. Some of the shops around might have one. You may be able to ask around and see if one of the shops in the area have one for the 7.3 that you could rent. Hasslers diesel may and I'm sure carson stauffer does as he is well known for 7.3 work.

Send me a PM if you need a hand either day this weekend. Seems you're only about an hour away and I need to head down to that area this weekend anyway to pick up some paperwork. I've done a bunch of injector jobs and have had the valve covers off a lot, only spot I'd be new at is the cups but it doesn't seem too difficult.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Hahaha I stay out of that bay unless it's to BS with someone.

So..... Based on the first few posts, you went to do glow plugs 3 days ago and ordered cups and injectors, planned for them to be in by midnight this coming Friday and have the truck down until at least Sunday anyway? But now you're on a rig with no cell service and if the injectors aren't shipped already, you're canceling the order you aren't sure you'll be happy with because you're thinking you'd rather have a different injector?

I'm really confused. Sorry about your situation, but I still ,recommend calling and talking to them during their normal business hours Monday-Friday or waiting for an emailed response during that time.

Best of luck with the truck regardless.

Na I went to do glow plugs last saturay and noticed the fuel so called monday (7 days ago) and ordered injectors and called and ordered the tools and the for crossover so I could eliminate the LL injector. Was told the injectors would ship by friday and we'll I called today and there boxed and in the mail as of this afternoon so that's great. Then called about the tools and there are still none but the catch here is I was told there's 25 sets in rotation and that they should have a set by the end of that day (last monday) or definitely by the end of the next day. Here 7 days after the order still no tools. I'd prefer just to be told upfront hey I don't know when we will get some back vs being lead on so today I paid $28 dollars more to overnight them as soon as a set comes back so hopefully a set comes in by Thursday then I'll have them Friday.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Well I'm not siding with swamps or anything. But it is tax return time so there is probably a lot of orders they need to fill right now. If you do end up cancelling your order with them, call around and see what other companies have on the shelf. Full force and PIS are both great from what I've heard. I run PIS with no issues to speak of. See what the other shops have on the shelf and can get out in a hurry. Just a bad time of year to be in a rush.

As for the injector cup tool, I've never tried to rent one. Some of the shops around might have one. You may be able to ask around and see if one of the shops in the area have one for the 7.3 that you could rent. Hasslers diesel may and I'm sure carson stauffer does as he is well known for 7.3 work.

Send me a PM if you need a hand either day this weekend. Seems you're only about an hour away and I need to head down to that area this weekend anyway to pick up some paperwork. I've done a bunch of injector jobs and have had the valve covers off a lot, only spot I'd be new at is the cups but it doesn't seem too difficult.
thanks man I called all over around here and no one would even do the cups so with knowing that I watched some videos and it definitely isn't rocket science to change them. So bought injectors which It needed at 256k miles with a random miss and zero power when cold. Basically killing 2 birds with 1 stone lol. I even bought the alliant bore cleaning brushes so it will get done right the first time as it always should. Now have everything only worried about the tools getting here and still holding onto hope they get here. I used my last 3 days vacation as I had to put in for it atleast 5 days prior to being off and with 14hr work days 6 days a week who knows when I'll get time after this to do it. Never just simple.

dsberman94

Reaction score
thanks man I called all over around here and no one would even do the cups so with knowing that I watched some videos and it definitely isn't rocket science to change them. So bought injectors which It needed at 256k miles with a random miss and zero power when cold. Basically killing 2 birds with 1 stone lol. I even bought the alliant bore cleaning brushes so it will get done right the first time as it always should. Now have everything only worried about the tools getting here and still holding onto hope they get here. I used my last 3 days vacation as I had to put in for it atleast 5 days prior to being off and with 14hr work days 6 days a week who knows when I'll get time after this to do it. Never just simple.

You called hassler and stauffer? Just ask about renting the tool.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Not them as Imuch not off till tomorrow but there's no one litter except the dealer that will do cups except in Maryland,nj, Delaware lol those are the only ones close. There was one a couple backyard guys that said they could do them if I got the tools well that tells me they haven't done many and I'd trust myself more to do them right the first time and they had no warranty on the work either that's when I chose to just do it myself. Where those 2 places located? I'll look them up tomorrow.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Not them as Imuch not off till tomorrow but there's no one litter except the dealer that will do cups except in Maryland,nj, Delaware lol those are the only ones close. There was one a couple backyard guys that said they could do them if I got the tools well that tells me they haven't done many and I'd trust myself more to do them right the first time and they had no warranty on the work either that's when I chose to just do it myself. Where those 2 places located? I'll look them up tomorrow.

Stauffer is out near Selinsgrove and hassler is in bethel.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I'll look them up and give them a call. Injectors arrived this morning and we'll worth the wait. Almost to nice to put inside an engine where ya don't see them lol. If they work as good as they look man I'll have a smile for quite a while. Great job Swamps and I have to say they were really close on shipping time only off a day and arrived just when they said they would on monday. Now just waiting on the tools still ugh. Only today and tomorrow then I'm screwed but hell it's been 10 days today and 11 tomorrow so maybie a set will come in today. If not I'll still be hunting for a local set to get this done. Only a 21 day window to use them and return them someone has to be returning a set by now.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Well got lucky yesterday as I got a email from Clay and 4 sets of tools came in and he shipped the fxr,cups and tool kit out overnight n they hit my portch at 1015 this morning so I'm now halfway home. Got to the point of the cups all out (found number 2 cylinder with a bad lower oring and a cracked cup aLL other cups good but none snapped the seal loose upon removal so I'm believing the compound was just wearing out also. Number 7 injector was unclipped and I believe this is where my random miss here n there was coming from but all cylinders injectors were firing. Tomorrow is clean clean clean time flush the oil rails out with brake clean also brush the bores back to new shape and brakeclean them also on a lint free rag and install the cups. I'll do 1 cup then wipe the escess 620 off and install that injector then move to the next hole till all 8 are done. Let it sit 24hrs then flush the hell out of it, fill it up with new cat ec1 and she will be ready. I'll use cascade dish washing liquid for the flush and less suds. The down time for cups to cure will give me the time to install the fuel crossover, change the coolant filter, and change the oil. Have to pull the chip next week and send it to Swamps for the free reburn.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
New question everything's working great but getting high egts with these canned tunes on my ts6. Alot of black smoke on the go pedal in the 80 tune n egts rocket right up. Should I have swamps burn my chip since they are there stage 2 splits or anyone else recommend another place? I figured swamps would be pretty spot on with the tune since they built the injectors. Would they reburn the whole chip? These tunes are way ofg that are on it now. I'd get better all around performance and fuel economy with good tunes.

cbf9703

Reaction score
I would send your chip in, you get a free reburn with tunes for the injectors and if you don't like them you can get them tweaked or send it elsewhere. All tuners have specific injector builders they prefer and yes, Swamps definitely has lots of time spent tweaking for their injectors.

N2GN2

Reaction score
Not much change in a "stage 2 split" other than 30% nozzles. Smoke is normal after installing injectors as the oil needs burned out of the cylinders. Get the custom tunes.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I know these splits will run circles around my stockers with the same canned tunes. I'll have to get my chip reburnt at swamps and see the results. The oils burned off already as there's 240 miles since the install. Not blue just black as the tunes are just not near close lol. Boost comes on a hundred times better just egts shoot up quick and high so definitely need the proper tunes

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know these splits will run circles around my stockers with the same canned tunes. I'll have to get my chip reburnt at swamps and see the results. The oils burned off already as there's 240 miles since the install. Not blue just black as the tunes are just not near close lol. Boost comes on a hundred times better just egts shoot up quick and high so definitely need the proper tunes

I had the same injectors last summer for a while and they were pretty fun for being able to run stock fuel and oil systems. With tuning and hpop they seemed to be right around 400 rwhp.

I wouldn't rule out running them myself again sometime.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
We do a lot of Stage-2 Split Shots, they can really wake the truck up without giving you the headaches of trying to run Single shots and conversion tuning.
You are better off running NO chip than to run tuning NOT meant for the Stage-2's. Get some good tunes asap.

Latest posts

Members online