Rotors: Upgrade or factory replacement?

PABowhunter

Reaction score
I need new rear rotors on my 2001 F250. Is it worth upgrading or just go with Motorcraft replacements. I don't need to spend big bucks on rotors and calipers.

I don't race or tow super heavy. Truck is mainly just a weekend driver that I have fun with and tows once in a while.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Are normal rotors motorcraft or box store such as Napa? I just don't want to put on brand new rotors and feel vibrations

sootie

Reaction score
i have always had good luck with Motorcraft. i refuse to run cheap rotors-they dont last.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Motorcraft is what I was leaning towards. Don't won't to put cheap quality on.

If there is a reasonably priced alternative to motorcraft that improves performance I would be interested. I just don't need to spend money on big rotors and calipers.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I got my rotors from Chris bent aka bent performance; He's on here...
I like them, I don't think price was horrible and they are dimpled and slotted with a coating of some sort.. been awhile so hard to remeber.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
In answer to your question they're box store rotors. I've never had to replace a rotor unless I've had calipers freeze or fall apart and I don't notice until it's grinding metal on metal, at which point the rotor needs replaced. I've never just worn through a rotor. It's happened with each rear and I don't even know it's locked up until they start grinding. Front ones I know lock up because they'll pull and I'll replace them but the rotors are warped. I'm going to be blamed or judged or whatever for saying that but I just don't notice it in the rear. I had to replace that stuff today. The one set of pads were gone and the other side were still 1/2-3/4 life left. I don't know why my calipers lock up so bad, I drive the truck every day so it's not like they rust from sitting. Seems like the pistons shatter because the sliders still move free even after the pads are metal. The sliders are packed with grease when I put them on with ceramiglyde. My father never wore through rotors either, he always warped them towing our 32' travel trailer. I won't get mine turned because every time he tried that the warped just from normal driving. Idk but I'm not going to buy expensive rotors for that stuff to happen to them.

Latest posts

Members online