Best gear oil?

eng53ine

Reaction score
What's the oil/ lube for the front end that you can get at a parts store? What kind of goo would be best to seal it back up, without having to order and wait for anything?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
I think the front calls for 80w90 where the rear calls for 75w140? Any good 80w90 will be good for the front. And I only use ford gray diesel sealant on everything.

eng53ine

Reaction score
I think the front calls for 80w90 where the rear calls for 75w140? Any good 80w90 will be good for the front. And I only use ford gray diesel sealant on everything.

Ok thanks

Jomax

Reaction score
Right stuff 1min sealant works good as well. Best part is l,you can use the truck instantly. No leaks from my rear end using the stuff, I only have 2,000miles since I changed the oil though.

eng53ine

Reaction score
Right stuff 1min sealant works good as well. Best part is l,you can use the truck instantly. No leaks from my rear end using the stuff, I only have 2,000miles since I changed the oil though.

Ok thanks, I'll check that out.

eng53ine

Reaction score
Only 80w90 zone had was valvoline, I got the synthetic is it any good? Got the one minute sealer to try.

ncollins64

Reaction score
That's the same as I put in my dads truck. It's good stuff, just clean the surface real good and you won't have any trouble with that sealant.

eng53ine

Reaction score
That's the same as I put in my dads truck. It's good stuff, just clean the surface real good and you won't have any trouble with that sealant.

Good deal I've never really used valvoline so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the reply

ncollins64

Reaction score
I think i put it in my obs and work truck as well with good luck. Since I've swapped everything else over I'll probably just buy gallons of LE from here on to keep everything the same.

Jomax

Reaction score
Use Emory cloth to clean the sealing surface and plenty brake clean. Number one reason they leak is the surface wasn't clesn

Latest posts

Members online