First time 4X4 use a little bit glitchy

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Are the hubs still vacuum operated?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
If you manually lock the hubs does it still do this? Were the front shafts spinning while this glitchy behavior was happening?

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
If you manually lock the hubs does it still do this? Were the front shafts spinning while this glitchy behavior was happening?

I don't think the driver could tell,unless he was under the truck??while driving it?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Yes i always had to have another set of eyes other then my crawler i could just look out the window. Full width axles in a grand cherokee...

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
Yeah, there was no way to tell from the driver's seat except it was obvious the front wheels were not spinning. And no, the hubs were set in Auto. I'm pretty sure if I turned the hubs to LOCK the front wheels would have been fully engaged. Missed opportunity. It righted itself by the third try and has worked fine all winter.

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
Something like that but it was almost definitely the hubs failing to engage. The 4Hi and 4Lo indicators come on the dash only when the transfer case has completed the shift and those lights were on.

Jomax

Reaction score
My truck has been perfect since new. It's odd it does it like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
its on the fly 4x4... should lock better going faster then a crawl.. once 4high engages then stop and do the normal 4lo shift..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've gotten the shift delayed, please pull forward message before. Real handy when you're in a tough situation.
it us because it is on the fly.. as in it is suposed to be while still moving forward while not spinning the rear tires.. BEFORE you get in that scetchy situation...

live life full throttle

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
it us because it is on the fly.. as in it is suposed to be while still moving forward while not spinning the rear tires.. BEFORE you get in that scetchy situation...

live life full throttle

Yeah, I know, but sometimes you don't know you need it until you're in the danger zone lol

I guess I miss the old manual lockouts and shifter, you know what you have all the time!

Latest posts

Members online