MPG major loss?

Jkk7_3

Reaction score
I have a 1995 f350 7.3 extended cab dually, 2wd, the truck has gotten about 10mpg for the past many years of its life unloaded, I see exact same trucks, extended cab dually 2wd 7.3's getting 22mpg. Multiple buddies of mine have highly lifted 4wd vehicles getting 21-22mpg, and I don't understand why or how their lifted 4wd 7.3s are getting so much better mileage than a 2wd stock height 7.3, it's been getting this type of mileage since it was completely stock. Any input is appreciated on what it could be, I'm thinking possibly pcm, as the truck has had previous serious electrical problems. Could it be pcm? Anything else?

Jkk7_3

Reaction score
No it's never leaked fuel, I get 10-11 mpg and that's what it's got since I've owned it since 2002, and I know all these other guys getting 20+Mpg in their lifted 4wd 7.3s :wtf::

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Clean air and fuel filters, proper psi in tires and low drag on the truck. Maybe a custom chip will help with the mpg.

You don't need 2 threads.

Jkk7_3

Reaction score
I have custom tunes, and proper maintenance is always kept up to date, if everyone else is seeing 11mpg, then I'm content, but if your getting closer to 20 then somethings wrong here.

Jkk7_3

Reaction score
When the truck was bought it had one of the plug in chips, and it caused several problems, question is, when you remove that plug in chip does the tune that's on it stay on the pick or is it automatically removed when the chip is removed?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
When the truck was bought it had one of the plug in chips, and it caused several problems, question is, when you remove that plug in chip does the tune that's on it stay on the pick or is it automatically removed when the chip is removed?
your buddies are not getting 20+ mpg in a 7.3... very few have reached that number and that was weight loss and perfect running combo and extremely light on the skinny pedal.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Ragdude

Reaction score
I have a 96, F350, 7.3, ccdrw, 5 speed with 4:10's, stock and unloaded, freeway, cruise at 65 mph, the best I've ever got was 16.9 mpg
I also have an '02 Excursion 7.3, with 3:73's, also stock and on trips cruise set at 70 mph, it'll get 20 mpg all day long. Both are 2 wheel drive.
But if you decide you need to go faster in either rig the mpg's drop fast!

Jkk7_3

Reaction score
I have a 96, F350, 7.3, ccdrw, 5 speed with 4:10's, stock and unloaded, freeway, cruise at 65 mph, the best I've ever got was 16.9 mpg
I also have an '02 Excursion 7.3, with 3:73's, also stock and on trips cruise set at 70 mph, it'll get 20 mpg all day long. Both are 2 wheel drive.
But if you decide you need to go faster in either rig the mpg's drop fast!

I'd kill for 16.9! All the aftermarket parts didn't hurt it a slight bit, they've only been on for 10 months, all the years before then when it was completely stock it always got 10mpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.