AFCO or QA1

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Who's running what? Are the AFCO's worth the extra money? Seems QA1 do the job just as well for a little bit less..but would like first hand experience please!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
The key is getting them specced correctly to your application. The leaf Springs obviously don't allow for a lot of adjustment, I think that's why guys ditch as many as many leaves as possible and use a coil over for better spring rate and shock tuning.

The first big improvement is getting both shocks located correctly for drag racing, I think Derek hooked Zack truck up with a nice QA1 setup, what are his thoughts?

If you are going to try to order one off the shelf I don't think you will see a huge advantage of one over the other, the main thing you are getting is adjustability.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Cody, yea we did Zacks truck with QA1's, I'll be doing a similar setup to that, but spend more time on getting it dialed, ill be pulling leafs out as well. I'm just curious as to longevity of the two shocks, at 250+ a pop, id like them to last a while lol.

Matt....Yew funny lol

gnxtc2- Ill look into it, thanks!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Well I can tell you they won't last as long as a set of Monroe's especially if you do a lot of "street" driving on these ****ty roads lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score
Lol, Michigan roads aren't that bad! I'm ordering QA1's, they will do just fine for what i'll be doing with the truck it seems.
Not that bad? I can barely drive the speed limit on some of the roads here without loosing control lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online