Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 11-09-2018, 06:24 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
Awesome.

Pretty cool to see you keeping them common rails on their toes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks we're trying!! Only 3 common rail trucks faster than a 7.3 HEUI !!! More too come very soon from the Gray's Diesel camp, hoping we can break into the 4's in testing before the end of the year
'96 RCSB PIS 400/400's Single 80mm BTS Twin pump setup Dry Sump Oil System designed for HEUI by Gray's Diesel Performance. Zero balance rotating assembly 16v electrical system/electric water pump/Gray's Diesel engine mounted fuel system with Fass 220/Colt Cams stage 2/Gray's Diesel piston bowl work and ring mods/Swamps tuning
Old 11-09-2018, 07:09 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgdiesel View Post
Thanks we're trying!! Only 3 common rail trucks faster than a 7.3 HEUI !!! More too come very soon from the Gray's Diesel camp, hoping we can break into the 4's in testing before the end of the year
But the 7.3 is a dead dinosaur platform.....Lol.

E99 CCLB 4X4 SRW F350,Billstein5100s,X-code front leafs, 35" Nitto TG's on 22" Incubus', GTP38R w/ WW2 140V Mod'd IDM, Billet intakes, AFE stg II CAI, 4" Diamond Eye T/B SS exh, BTS trans w/P.I. tc, 6.0L cooler, FF 250/200% SS's, ******** Stg I cam, CompCams 910 springs, Smith Bros HD push rods, Insight CTS, Forged bottom end, PHP Hydra, Firestone Airbags, All Amsoil fluids, Stealth 1.1 HPOP, ARP studs, My Modified Fuel System & HPOP lines, AGR steering gear
Old 11-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
But the 7.3 is a dead dinosaur platform.....Lol.

Yes and no, obviously it's not the optimum combination but they are so much cheaper to upgrade and there is a ton of them out there so it is more affordable for people to put some money in them and I feel like there was still a lot left on the table with them, we are making 1040hp on fuel only as of Rt now which I would have told you was even impossible a year ago, it's fun for us now to hurt some Cummins feelings and it really has surpassed my original goals so we will just keep playing with it this coming year atleast. Our original goal was to have the Pro Street 7.3 record which we did easily in prostreet trim on maybe the 6th pass running a 9.30@145 and backing it up with a 9.28@146 without putting any of the new found power we have now in it and not spraying nitrous until after the 60' we could run mid 8's if we went back up to 4500lbs which i would have never dreamed possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'96 RCSB PIS 400/400's Single 80mm BTS Twin pump setup Dry Sump Oil System designed for HEUI by Gray's Diesel Performance. Zero balance rotating assembly 16v electrical system/electric water pump/Gray's Diesel engine mounted fuel system with Fass 220/Colt Cams stage 2/Gray's Diesel piston bowl work and ring mods/Swamps tuning
Old 11-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I've always known there is alot more potential out of these engines. I just don't have any time to work on what I really want to. I've got WAY too many big irons in the fire right now and need to get them completed before we hit the track.

Biggest one is getting our shop addition complete. Then the P-pump kits 100% complete.

E99 CCLB 4X4 SRW F350,Billstein5100s,X-code front leafs, 35" Nitto TG's on 22" Incubus', GTP38R w/ WW2 140V Mod'd IDM, Billet intakes, AFE stg II CAI, 4" Diamond Eye T/B SS exh, BTS trans w/P.I. tc, 6.0L cooler, FF 250/200% SS's, ******** Stg I cam, CompCams 910 springs, Smith Bros HD push rods, Insight CTS, Forged bottom end, PHP Hydra, Firestone Airbags, All Amsoil fluids, Stealth 1.1 HPOP, ARP studs, My Modified Fuel System & HPOP lines, AGR steering gear
Old 11-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I've always known there is alot more potential out of these engines. I just don't have any time to work on what I really want to. I've got WAY too many big irons in the fire right now and need to get them completed before we hit the track.

Biggest one is getting our shop addition complete. Then the P-pump kits 100% complete.

Ya we have just been trying to make time, it's hard and that will be cool once you get those things going for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk