RSK planned?

Tom S

Reaction score
How many of you are planning on doing an RSK in the next six months or so is my first question?

My second is there anyone here in the Tuscon area that wants to do one that does not use the truck on a daily basis and could work with vendor on mock up work for a deal?

davey99ps

Reaction score
I'm gonna be doing 1 in the next couple of weeks. I'm out of southern Wisconsin, but let me know if I can help

Tom S

Reaction score
Yes, I have a potential good deal for someone. Sorry on mispelling your home town.

Tom S

Reaction score
I sent you a PM with the basics. Shawn put up a post on APG so you guys might be thinking of the same person.

AZStang

Reaction score
My biggest complaint is how you have to cut the bumper. But that's pretty minor really.

Shawn

Tom S

Reaction score
I am not saying there is anything wrong with the Sky RSK as that is what I have been leaning towards the most by far. In learning about this I just see a few areas that could be improved upon. If I had my personal wish list for an RSK it would be in this order:

1. a one piece drop track bar bracket(no chance of sway bar interference)

2. less lift (maintain some rake with 4" rear blocks and V codes)

3. no cutting of the bumper and be originally designed to use SD springs

I think a few guys share those thoughts. None of those is an absolute deal breaker for me but they are all things on my mind as I am putting back together the axle. Enough that the idea of just doing the Dana 60 with regular OBS F-350 springs has not been 100% ruled out. I like to spend a time considering my options before I pick a path. Probably why I enjoy these forums as much as I do. Just yesterday I was looking at photos of the ORU, SKY, and Hardknox stuff thinking about it all.

On this deal I got approached while discussing a sponsorship here from a sponsor on PSN. This is only an idea at this point and I am not sure where it will end up. Tucson is too far from home for me. I also have to figure out my time line so I do not have a Dana 60 in my way in the garage all summer.

Last edited:

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
I am not saying there is anything wrong with the Sky RSK as that is what I have been leaning towards the most by far. In learning about this I just see a few areas that could be improved upon. If I had my personal wish list for an RSK it would be in this order:

1. a one piece drop track bar bracket(no chance of sway bar interference)

2. less lift (maintain some rake with 4" rear blocks and V codes)

3. no cutting of the bumper and be originally designed to use SD springs

Agreed.

I am not using a drop track bar and i am experiancing ZERO issues.

The bumper cutting is a BIG issue for me

Tom S

Reaction score
Agreed.

I am not using a drop track bar and i am experiancing ZERO issues.

The bumper cutting is a BIG issue for me

I am glad you are issue free without the drop bracket. That provides some options.

genuineford

Reaction score
One of these days I am going to get a set of SD springs and work on making my own RSK kit. I don't think it would be too hard for me it is just finding the time to do it. I have not decided if I am going to make it weld on or bolt on yet. I do know that I am not going to have to cut the bumper. I also don't think I want to go any higher in the front than what my truck already sits. It some sort of a leveling kit in it right now and I like the stance of it. I will do a write up on it when I do it but it probably wont be for a month or 2. I need to get a set of springs coming yet.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
We looked at this years ago..problem is fitment..you can get 1" lower but its just not worth it as the demand isn't-wasn't there..the vast majority want a leveled truck and thats what you end up with V and B code SD springs Stock F350 blocks and a 3" RS kit.

Thousands have done these without the track bar problems..only a few have had problems and IMO its from incorrect placement of the axle.

Idealy a new set of trackbar mounts and a longer SD stile adj track bar is needed but IMO thats not something easyly done by a DIY thats why I don't offer it untill we swap to 99 up axles..On a '97 earlyer axle it would require welding to the axle tube.

Good luck I hope you comeup with something cost effective for those that want a inch or so lower.

Here is a picture of what was done by someone a few years ago trying to DIY a lower version and also not cutting the bumper.

Attachments

• RSK%20Bracket.jpg
    RSK%20Bracket.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 143

Tom S

Reaction score
That is a good photo Cary thanks for sharing. I have fabbed quite a bit of the stuff on my truck but I think this one is out of my realm esp with all the bending involved. I wish Sky was open to some options on all of this.

newman

Reaction score
Could the rear shackle be made larger to mout through the frame and then remove the stock rear hanger? That would look 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better:)

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I really would've like a RSK w/o the lift but when I got mine it was not available. I've looked it over and did not see it feasible in making a kit w/o lifting the truck.

Got to remember something, the RSK was never designed to be used with SD springs, it's something Cary came up with :rockon: .

Even though the RSK states 3", I think it's more like a 1"-2". When the truck settles on the front SD springs, the springs have a negative arch to them. For the rear, a 1" block on top of the OEM F350 block gives the truck a slight rake to it.

We've discussed the trac bar/sway bar issue on PSN. If you wanna bring that back up here, I have no problem. I don't know why the trac bar/sway bar clash when this swap is done. Cary mentioned something about positioning of the axle, but my axle is centered in my wheel opening and the shocks are vertical. :shrug: Maybe there is something different on F350 vs F250 engine cradle positioning? :shrug:

I don't know if you know but I have a 4" drop pitman. I kept destroying the joints on the drag link. If you install the drop trac bar bracket, the angle of the trac bar and draglink is going to be different. You want them to be the same. I also have the adjustable trac bar from Cary. I have pics before (D60 section) and after (RSK section) in my Webshots acc't.

But to re-design the whole RSK w/SD springs so you don't have to notch the bumper is kinda extreme. I have my bumper notched, with no ill effects and you don't even know it's notched. My notched bumper is preventing me with installing the F150 valance :cursing:

So clean up your D60, install it already and quit worrying about stuff. Git r done

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
I have a Dana 60 all cleaned up, resealed and repainted now. I will be buying parts for Cary either way I go with on all of this. I just have not figured it all out yet on how I want to go. You, Cat and Brad are the reason I decided to go hunt down a Dana 60.

Tom