Patr*** update surge

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
This past saturday i finally updated the tunes on my 16’ 6.7. I had been running the tunes from fall of 16’ when the , ahem, weight loss program began on my truck.
Once i uploaded the 400 tune and took a drive i noticed that i felt a slight surging. While driving at a steady speed the boost will rise and fall about every 10 a 20 secconds. I was able to feel a bit of loading on the engine as well.
It was rainy and about 40 degrees out. The truck has never done this. I even stopped and restarted the truck a few times witout change.
I emailed Patr*** but have not heard from them yet.
I will put the old tune back on for now.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Make sure your egr and throttle body plugs are undone. That caused it on my 2016

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I will have to try that. Thanks. Did something change between the first tunes and the new ones then? I had never unplugged them before honestly..

ckrueg

Reaction score
I will have to try that. Thanks. Did something change between the first tunes and the new ones then? I had never unplugged them before honestly..
I think it has to do with the function of the exhaust brake. It only ever happened with files that had it active. To me it's not a big deal since I plan to remove them all physically at some point anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I wanted to unplug one at a time, so last night i started with the throttle. The surge has gotten better but still remains a bit. Tonight i will try the egr.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Well i got the egr unplugged friday night and you are right.. the surge cleared up. Thanks again for the help. It is just off that the first tunes did not care about them being plugged in. Oh well haha

Latest posts

Members online