leak test HPOP how far do you go???

bkb

Reaction score
Have a 05 80k miles ran great but used some coolant. Finishing up doing gaskets with all updates and figured I would air test. Had air on for about 20min and as I went to unplug the air I heard noise from both sides. Had a gurgle noise and it seemed the second injector from the front on both sides was leaking from the nipple o-ring. So I took it a step further and hooked a hydraulic pump to the system and sent 2500psi of new 15-40 threw it. No noise, mist, or spraying. but again it looks like I might have some leaks at the nipples. It takes a few minutes to accumulate oil on top of the injector and I don't know if this is to be expected or should everything really stay dry 100%. My garage is only 50'F so I have no idea what the leak would be like with hot oil. I did order a tool and the HHC O-rings, guess I will re-seal and re test. Any ideas?

webb06

Reaction score
After being pressurized that long it’s not uncommon for the injectors to leak through the spill port. Basically after 20 minutes the entire oil rail is empty and you’re getting air through the injector itself.

If enough of the injectors are worn enough internally this can cause a no hot start condition. Had a truck that was leaking on 5 injectors like that with a no hot start. Replaced all injectors and it was good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online