06 no start condition

Diesel625

Reaction score
After 316,000 miles, I think my truck finally needs the hpop. With the scan gauge, it would only read 250-400 icp. I unplugged the icp sensor and it shoots to 1573, and still does not start. Other than the hpop, what else could it be?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
^whs. I just had one that would die when warm, would read 15psi icp. When cold, I got about 300. He **** an injector top I ring out... Air test would be your friend here. I have seen 1 late build pump **** out. It was some parts store replacement junk ass pos, and it threw, for lack of a better term, the crank out the side of it.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Diesel625

Reaction score
No air test yet. It’s my next plan. I was kind of thinking maybe the stc fitting or an oil leak. It’s always ran solid. It gave no signs of the pump going out. I drove 150 miles then shut it off. I didn’t move till the end of the day and it wouldn’t start at first. It finally made enough pressure and I drove home another 150 miles. Wouldn’t start as soon as it shut off.

Diesel625

Reaction score
Also pulled the oil filter and cap. The reservoir was empty, but filled up immediately while cranking.

Diesel625

Reaction score
Got the adapter to air test through the iPr valve. Should be here in a few days. I’m thinking about going ahead and tearing it down and doing some upgrading while she’s down.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yea but. Hard to dio when things are torn apart. Wait for tool so you have a direction

Diesel625

Reaction score
I couldn’t wait for my iPr port test hose to come in, so I went ahead and started tearing a few things down to test other parts of the hpop system. As soon as I took the hpop cover off, I noticed it had the updated stc fitting. Pulled pump so that I could pressure up the rest of the system. I pushed air through the branch tubes and could immediately hear air out of the oil fill tube and gargling on the passenger side. I’m ordering the standpipes and dummy plugs. I will go ahead and get the seals for the oil rails too. Once I rebuild them, I’ll hopefully have the test tool to test the pump as well. I may be getting injectors too, but will definitely get the seals and orings. Anything else I should do while I’m in there?

Diesel625

Reaction score
Was thinking about getting the 155 Warren injectors. Are they worth running over stock on a non tuned truck? I know I’ll have to get a tune after the injectors though. I’m still running stock bolts.

Diesel625

Reaction score
I’ve decided to go back with stock parts. Ordered a set of reman motorcraft injectors, standpipes and dummy plugs, stc fitting, going to reseal the oil cooler, valve cover gaskets, glow plugs and orings. Also going to replace the intake coolant oring and the egr ****** hose. The turbo will also get new orings and seals. Hopefully she’ll give me another 316k miles this time around.

BS Hauler

Reaction score
I just don't get the feelings about not resealing the nipple cups and top injector o rings. Why would you not do them if you are that far into it. A human put them in the first time and a human is putting them in this time. They have 316,000 miles on the o rings in the nipple cups.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Usually pass on changing them. Honestly now that you've changed them you've greatly increased your chances for a future failure. O rings can suffer from quality control too. So chances are the ones you're installing are subpar to what's in there. I've never seen one fail and don't expect to.

When someone comes across the counter for the seals and tool I kinda giggle cause they've exhausted all options or read too much off Google.

79jasper

Reaction score
^ I thought that was the common knowledge/general consensus on the subject.
Seen many talks of leaks afterwards.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
^what they said. I think I've seen one leak, replaced a few rails due to damage to the,nipple from o rings on the injector blowing out, but that was a different deal altogether. Ive seen trucks with 500k on them with the rails never been changed, and seals never done on them.

Diesel625

Reaction score
Well, got injectors and stand pipe with dummy plugs on passenger side in. Still didn’t put hpop in, but pressured up through the branch tubes. Still leaks. Used nothing but ford parts. I can’t tell for sure, but it seems like the leak is coming from the nipple orings. Other than the injectors, dummy plugs and standpipe, or the rail itself, where could it be coming from? I hope it’s not the branch tube itself. The nipples had a little slack, but weren’t very loose at all.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Well, got injectors and stand pipe with dummy plugs on passenger side in. Still didn’t put hpop in, but pressured up through the branch tubes. Still leaks. Used nothing but ford parts. I can’t tell for sure, but it seems like the leak is coming from the nipple orings. Other than the injectors, dummy plugs and standpipe, or the rail itself, where could it be coming from? I hope it’s not the branch tube itself. The nipples had a little slack, but weren’t very loose at all.
Some air leaking from around the top of the injectors is normal when they are dry. It takes some oil to get a good seal. Get the pump in, fire it and drive the **** outta it. The let it sit for 10-15 minutes and see if it restarts.