Did my ejr explode without being connected?

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
So I pulled the hot pipe for block off and the cold side to remove the flow of exhaust about 36k miles ago. Ie at 2k miles. Have 38 k miles now. Get home from work this morning. Spray weeds, clean up, start blowing off the carport. See coolant on the floor. Think oh sheet. Start looking around and can't find where it's coming from. Pretty much decided it must be from the cooler. Only thing I have changed in last 2k miles is the tune from pip to sotf. What gives? Shouldn't coolant just make a loop?

I have the compete removal kit. Bypass hoses, billet crossover from no limit,etc. Only have the plates on now. Can I use the hoses to eliminate the coolant flow with the cooler still in place? Got a few 12 hour shifts and school before I can yank it off. And do I really need to drain the other system at same time?

Attachments

• 20180420_085119.jpg
    20180420_085119.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
The cooler itself looks like a gasket is leaking. Doesn't look like the degas bottle was wet. You think it's pressuring the secondary system and blew the seal on cooler?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Sorry, didnt really see that thru my phone... the gasket could have failed, i havent seen any do that yet, but, doesnt mean it cant happen. You still have coolant flowing thru it, so there is that possibility.

Although, the way the christmas tree is broken on the hard coolant line, it couldve rubbed thru as well.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Sorry, didnt really see that thru my phone... the gasket could have failed, i havent seen any do that yet, but, doesnt mean it cant happen. You still have coolant flowing thru it, so there is that possibility.

Although, the way the christmas tree is broken on the hard coolant line, it couldve rubbed thru as well.

Man I owe you a beer. Looked like that gasket. After I reread your post, I kept saying wtf is he talking about Christmas tree on hard line. Me and Jack went out to truck after a 12 hour shift, eyes half open and seen exactly what you said a hour ago. Exactly what you said, hard line rubbed until it started leaking but only when under pressure after a shut down.

Attachments

• 20180422_102212.jpg
    20180422_102212.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 20180422_102229.jpg
    20180422_102229.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Members online