Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket > 6.7 Tuning

Old 02-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Update. Traction control was the issue now she spins away and acts like as it should, switched over to the updated gh race open vein tune. Night and day difference, no lag at all. I guess the hot street tune had a malfunation in it? Or maybe it wasn't tuned for the s2 intake? Anyways thanks for the help
16 250 tri-coat white, 22x12 AF satin black traxx with 325/50 terra g2, no limit goodies, flo pro exhaust, sct x4, recon smoked side and cab lights, retro solution led head and fog lights, icon 2.5" leveling kit with fox 2.0 shocks.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

did you make GH aware of the S2 intake? or did you just stick it on...?? its larger than stock and requires adjustment to the MAF range with in the tune or you will have a laggy pig of a truck.... due to lost intake velocity from the larger intake..... it will make your truck think it has less air than it realy does there for cutting fueling....if you havnt i suggest you get with GH and get him to make the correct adjustments... hes had the files for those intakes for a long time easy fix!
Old 02-05-2017, 04:12 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azraie218 View Post
did you make GH aware of the S2 intake? or did you just stick it on...?? its larger than stock and requires adjustment to the MAF range with in the tune or you will have a laggy pig of a truck.... due to lost intake velocity from the larger intake..... it will make your truck think it has less air than it realy does there for cutting fueling....if you havnt i suggest you get with GH and get him to make the correct adjustments... hes had the files for those intakes for a long time easy fix!
he good.
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Email for quickest response mike@nolimitdiesel.com or 1-800-581-8986
Old 02-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azraie218 View Post
yes sir, all the tunes (tow,street, and race) are the newest open vein tunes that are for the s2 intake.
16 250 tri-coat white, 22x12 AF satin black traxx with 325/50 terra g2, no limit goodies, flo pro exhaust, sct x4, recon smoked side and cab lights, retro solution led head and fog lights, icon 2.5" leveling kit with fox 2.0 shocks.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
he good.
I good for now lol
Old 02-05-2017, 05:31 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cr450 View Post
yes sir, all the tunes (tow,street, and race) are the newest open vein tunes that are for the s2 intake.

Glad you have it fixed! Best thing you can do now is leave it in the race tune, let the trans learn real good and just enjoy it. I strongly believe people killed these trans fast by swapping tunes all the time and not letting them relearn correctly.

Keep in mind people have said you get a bit of lag with open vein at idle. I tested that tune and couldn't really tell a difference, but just to MAKE sure I have no lag I keep using the regular tune. I'm sure it's just in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
Glad you have it fixed! Best thing you can do now is leave it in the race tune, let the trans learn real good and just enjoy it. I strongly believe people killed these trans fast by swapping tunes all the time and not letting them relearn correctly.

Keep in mind people have said you get a bit of lag with open vein at idle. I tested that tune and couldn't really tell a difference, but just to MAKE sure I have no lag I keep using the regular tune. I'm sure it's just in my head.

gotcha pal. Yes i plan on leaving this tune in the truck for good. I let the trans learn for at least a couple hundred of miles. Truck just turned 3k miles today but will be driving it a lot more now. I didn't think about the open vein option being more "laggy". But makes sense for sure, it is only open vein when engine temps are warm, on first start up it has the annoying hair dryer sound- off topic but i went non vgt on my 6.0 to get away from the whistle hence why i run the "OV" race tune haha.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:39 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

to hijack a thread i also run this tune as my daily. do you guys switch to the towing tune when towing or leave tune alone and use tow/haul? i am really liking the sotf and of course it came out for these tunes about a month after i bought mine.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Call NL. I'm guessing bought through them. If so, they'll make you a deal on the switch and updated tunes
Old 03-17-2017, 05:59 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown1 View Post
to hijack a thread i also run this tune as my daily. do you guys switch to the towing tune when towing or leave tune alone and use tow/haul? i am really liking the sotf and of course it came out for these tunes about a month after i bought mine.

I tow heavy in my race tune. I just hit tow/haul.