TC Lockup in OD

Jtreece

Reaction score
fellas, here's my problem. 2004 f350, 5R110W tranny will not stay locked up 6th gear on the highway. threw a code about TC lockup, replaced the solenoid and its still doing it. Could it be the TC? any advice will help. i'm about to the point on this pickup to just replace the rest of the solenoids.

Jtreece

Reaction score
I will add it will shift in and out consistently of 5th and 6th then my tow light will start flashing. new, fluid, filter and gasket

Jtreece

Reaction score
honestly I can't remember the code, but it was for a fault for the torque converter solenoid. so I replaced it and the tow light still flashes.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
There are several different solenoid codes. If it was an electrical code for that solenoid it doesn't necessarily mean the solenoid is bad. The electrical code is set most often by a wiring problem between the PCM and the solenoid.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
honestly I can't remember the code, but it was for a fault for the torque converter solenoid. so I replaced it and the tow light still flashes.
Get the codes and mark can tell you exactly what's up with it. He used to test stuff at fomoco and he got to know transmissions in and out very very well.

live life full throttle

Jtreece

Reaction score
I will try and pull the codes this weekend. weird thing is when I tune it with my SCT3 the code will not come up and the tow light won't blink. but as soon as I go back to stock the light will start blinking when I get up to speed.

Jtreece

Reaction score
Mark, I made this post awhile back and it finally popped a code on me again. You had commented on it asking for the code, here is it P1744 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid. I'm actually going to replace/upgrade the whole valve body with all new solenoids and harness so hopefully I will have OD

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The torque converter clutch solenoid doesn't have anything to do with overdrive. It controls the torque converter clutch locking and unlocking. On the other hand, many people confuse this with overdrive.

Jtreece

Reaction score
That makes sense, so therefore my TC wasn't locking up in OD correct? and by replacing the valve body and solenoids should correct my issue? thank you for the quick response.

Latest posts

Members online