Dual IPR block. Need help

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The day after, I was a mess but did some stuff but had to go to farm there after. People would stop by and help. Jake came to work in the farm today. He won’t have Amy jumping out of the passenger side of his truck anymore, helping milk cows or feeding calves. There is still a big hole in everyone’s heart
Holy *** bud! I literally just read all these last few posts. I had no idea as i haven't been on here a lot lately. I am so so very sorry to hear about this!! I dont know how i would take it if i went through that... If there is anything i can do to help then please let me know.

Even if its just to chat i can pm you my number. Believe it or not, talking helps. I was never a talker. I learned through my own therapist here lately that it does actually help...

live life full throttle

MeTo

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear this, I just read through it. I wish you and yours the best.

I had the misfortune of going through my younger sister's death from leukemia when I was 12. I was never the same.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Man... I just saw this thread and read through it and was about to make some smart ass comment about that block looking awfully familiar..... and then I read about your sister. :(

That has to be rough man - I have no words that adequately help you - and I have been around too many people that have experienced farm accidents such as this. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Thanks Jason. Do you feel like giving some help of advice on this project?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
It looks like you just need to mount and plumb things up. Block location is about where I would put it and my original intent with these blocks was to be in the middle of a cross over between the heads. Send all oil from the pump(s) to the heads and have the IPRs and the regulator in between. I dumped my excess oil into one of the valve covers. Not sure if I still have a picture of it though. I have another block here that I intend to install with the oil dump going right into the pan - but that solution isn't easy to implement with the engine in the truck.

ja_cain

Reaction score
It looks like you just need to mount and plumb things up. Block location is about where I would put it and my original intent with these blocks was to be in the middle of a cross over between the heads. Send all oil from the pump(s) to the heads and have the IPRs and the regulator in between. I dumped my excess oil into one of the valve covers. Not sure if I still have a picture of it though. I have another block here that I intend to install with the oil dump going right into the pan - but that solution isn't easy to implement with the engine in the truck.
That's a good idea to use the valve cover. What do you think about using the hpop access cover as a return? Probably less potential aeration with the valve cover idea. That's cool you are still fooling around with these dinosaurs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
When you say “regulator” you mean the ICP sensor?

Yes.... sorry I was trying to respond while doing something else....

That's a good idea to use the valve cover. What do you think about using the hpop access cover as a return? Probably less potential aeration with the valve cover idea. That's cool you are still fooling around with these dinosaurs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think the HPOP access cover would make a good location for a return.

Reaction score
Truly sorry for your loss Sir.

With out derailing this thread, can someone tell me what the benefit of a double IPR set up is? I have been away from the forums for a while and this totally confused me. Def a 10 on the cool factor !

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I’m doing it because I got too much HPO. If I go above 1000psi and got just 3.1% duty cycle, it throws a code.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
In other words, with a gen3 or dual hpop setup, it is usually way to much hpo and one ipr can not bleed the the hpo fast enough so a second one is needed to maintain it properly.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online