Edge Insight/wiring problems

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
After about the 1st 40min I had my edge CS on my truck the display shut off. Pressed a button and it popped right back up, no problem. Then the whole thing shut off, just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked fine. After more driving throughout the week, the issue reoccured multiple times, and was resolved the same way for a little while, then it stopped. Currently, it sits in the windshield, comes on when I start the truck(gives me the alert about the injectors), but there is no display, and after a while, it completely shuts off. I called edge, the guy told me to test the cigarette lighter. It didn't work, so he says that the fuse is probably burnt out and it's on the same circuit as the the OBDII port. Replaced the fuse, and realized that there were a few out of place fuses, so I put them where they belong(or so I think :morons: ) and the problem is still there.

I don't know much/anything about wiring, so I guess I'm asking, wtf do I do next? Right now, my edge is just a dash ornament :fustrate:
Maybe, somehow, I messed up the fuses? But I feel pretty confident that they are placed correctly. Maybe a wire is chaffed or something?

Plugging a SCT into it, it works fine(powers up) but the edge just sits there. Blankly.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Willing to bet you have a bad cord on the Edge.
Same thing happened to my CTS. New cord fixed it.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Well…I'll be damned. The new one works
qe2a3ugu.jpg

Who'd a thunk it…gonna send the CS back to edge to get it fixed, then it'll be up for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
the paint they sell at most auto parts places is a close match specially since you barley see the pod with this unit

dsberman94

Reaction score
by the way plug it in to fusion and update it. you get a couple more PID's and a horsepower and torque reading. send the dash pod to 2000 7.3 and get it hydrodipped to match the wood grain. that would look sweet.