Iphone5+Pandora+Old Pioneer Cd Player

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
I have an Iphone5 for a work phone with Pandora app. I want to run Pandora through my phone and listen to it through my pioneer CD player in my E99. It's old and doesn't have Bluetooth or anything fancy like today's ones. What's the best device o get that will allow me to do this?

I've found something like this on EBay, but want others opinions
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belkin-Tune...ccessories&hash=item3a6deaa03b#ht_2424wt_1029

TERRCO

Reaction score
If the radio doesn't have an auxiliary input of any kind then an fm transmitter may be your only option.

Emery19

Reaction score
honestly, you can get a new headunit with an aux port for right around 100 bucks. i wouldnt waste money on a fm transmitter, id just get a new head unit that you could plug your phone into.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Get a new head unit, I'm using a transmitter and there are times it gets static and sound quality isn't has good

pungohboy

Reaction score
I have an old pioneer head unit in my 02 and I was looking for the same thing and found mine had an IP bus input on back I bought a cable like this and it works great. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002ZYVNH8 what model head do you have? It may have the same input.

sent from the app I paid for now its free and they have dumbed it down to a free version and want me to buy another paid version even though I have paid for it. Stupid Tapatalk!

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I'd almost guarantee your head unit has an aux input of some kind. It might be on the back. Pull it out and take a look.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
CD player works fine. Not going to replace it with another one because of its age, if I can't cheaply get my pandora through it then its not worth it. I'm lucky to drive my 99' 200 miles a month because of the company truck.
I will pull the CD player in the AM to check for a rear auxiliary port, and try to get some numbers off of it.

pungohboy

Reaction score

I believe that is the same model I have. It has the IP bus input that will allow that cable I linked in my last post. You may have to enable the aux input on mine it was disabled from the factory.

sent from the app I paid for now its free and they have dumbed it down to a free version and want me to buy another paid version even though I have paid for it. Stupid Tapatalk!

Latest posts

Members online