Rigid Lights

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I don't care what brand name the LED is 3w is only 3w. Run the same configuration in 5w or 10w LED and it's going to be QUITE different. Add to that the design of the reflectors. Spend the money to engineer a reflector and the results show. I have a $35 handheld spotlight with a 10w Cree LED that will throw light farther/clearer than my 30" double row 3w LED bar.

My personal setup is a 30" 3wdual row bar below a set of KC6x9 HID lights. The KC HIDs will light up 250 yards easily, the 30" bar will do good work out to 100 yds. They both serve a purpose. I HIGHLY doubt a 20" Rigid will shine enough light to identify anything out at 1000'+.

I chose a knock off simply based upon pricing. For my investment I'm happy and hope to buy from the company again. They are now selling a single row with 10W Cree LEDs.

For those loyal followers who think a "lifetime" warranty is worth it I copied the below from the warranty page.

*Rigid Industries Limited Lifetime Warranty:

If Rigid Industries determines, in its sole discretion, that your product is defective in material or workmanship, Rigid Industries will honor your warranty based on the following schedule, which measures the number of days from the original date of purchase to Rigid Industries acknowledged receipt of the returned product and RMA . Please note that you must pay shipping charges to return your product to Rigid Industries for inspection.

• 0 - 60 Days: Rigid Industries will repair or replace the defective product at its sole discretion. If it is repaired, all parts, labor, and return shipping are covered by Rigid Industries.
  • 61 Days - 1 Year: The defective product is eligible for repair only. All parts, labor, and return shipping are covered by Rigid Industries.
  • After 1 Year: The customer is responsible for labor costs. All parts and return shipping are covered by Rigid Industries.

Now compare that to the KC Hilites 23 year warranty. I've had various KC lights over the years. I paid shipping to return my parts and got NEW parts in return. Even on my HID lights I had a cable thru the housing go bad. Replaced with new housing for the cost of shipping.

To each his own.

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I love my D2's.... But I am looking for a cheap set as reverse lights. With that said, no brand but rigid will go on the front of my truck

sniper_101

Reaction score
I I HIGHLY doubt a 20" Rigid will shine enough light to identify anything out at 1000'+.

There's enough people with them, go have a look for yourself.

My knockoff 20" combo lights up 15 seconds of road @ 60mph when truck is sitting level and light and road conditions are optimal, which works out to... 1/4 mile, 1300'ish feet. The first 100ft are pretty flooded with stray light that can be distracting from the distant light and make it seem like it's not throwing the light as far, that's where a higher quality reflector like a Rigid is worth the money (and have me regretting a knock-off brand). Hell my flood/wide pattern D2's project roughly 700ft, I'd hope a bar with 32 more LED's in a spot pattern can touch 1000ft, lol.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
I know we have talked about this before, but what model/beam pattern do yall think would be best for reverse lights?

I am considering the SR-Q Flush the Dually Flush the D2 Flush and then the regular versions of both the Dually and the D2. If I got flush, I would want to mount them similar to the pic on Rigid's site or for the Dually/D2's, similar to what Jimmy did HERE

Then I have to decide on the pattern. Obviously the SR-Q ones only come in the Diffused, but the others I think Flood/Wide/Diffused.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
Agreed. I, however, may go with a spot light pattern for folks who like to tailgate.

After seeing THIS install, I think 2 diffused lights should put off plenty of light to keep people off my ass :D

I ended up ordering 2 D2 Surface Mounted lights in the diffused pattern from Josh. After looking at the 05-07 bumper, its much more curved than the 08+ so the flush mount just didn't seem like it would work the same without being pointed down at the ground.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
Dayum. Diffused it is. LOL

LOL I will make sure to get some pics when I get mine in, as I want to make sure that the 5-sec exposure didn't exaggerate the light output. Considering all pics were taken at the exact same settings though, it should show the differences pretty accurately.

Reaction score
The diffused lights are really perfect for back up lights.

It concentrates the majority of the light immediately behind the truck which is where you really need it when backing up.

2006.1f250

Reaction score
Here's a pair of SR-Q2's with diffused lens.

[=http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/08jetvette/media/Jeep/IMG_0368_zpsc3bce538.jpg.html]

IMG_0368_zpsc3bce538.jpg

That's almost 100' to the fence.

Enoch

Reaction score
Moonshinexxx Lights seem to be pretty good quality IMO and the video made me laugh so thumbs up. lol
1/3 of the cost, tough call. lol

Moonshinexxx Lights Torture Test Version 1.0 ~ Haters Gunna Hate
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited:

08Monster

Reaction score
Those are the lights I was talking about. Best lights I've ever come across.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online