Anyone experiment with the '15 style turbos

CoreyMS

Reaction score
Anyone do any experimenting with the 15 style chargers and mcc, want to share? My plan as of yet is to go that route.

2012dually

Reaction score
I am thinking of going the same route! Either that or a turbo kit that is in the works from a company here in Canada.

I would think with the larger turbo we could add some fuel down low to help spool but would really need to change the vane and boost tables.

Having a look at the stock 15 tables would sure help for this!

Powerstroked6.7

Reaction score
I had a 15 set up on my 11, with tuning, it was a beast, but had major surging issues , it's gone now replaced with non vgt s366 ����

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I had a 15 set up on my 11, with tuning, it was a beast, but had major surging issues , it's gone now replaced with non vgt s366 ����

The surging was from incorrect tuning. Most of the issues I've been reading recently concerning conversions are tuning related.

When done properly, drivability actually gets better.

Reaction score
If tuned properly they run exactly like a 2015... Surging is all tune related. Even the large modified 2015 turbos don't surge.

The turbo tables are so different that if you do not have the 2015 base files to compare then you will most likely never be able to get it correct. Knowing the difference myself, I know there is no way I could have ever gotten it even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreyMS

Reaction score
That's what I'm asking Morgan. If anyone can share a 2015 base file. Worst case I'll dig it up myself if I go that route.

Reaction score
As far as I know only .mcc files can be opened.

For tuning a 15 turbo on a 2011-2014 do you basically just copy the rail pressure, boost, duration, and timing tables from a 2015?

I might go this route as I am like everyone and want more power then the dual wheel turbo can give me.

Reaction score
As far as I know only .mcc files can be opened.

For tuning a 15 turbo on a 2011-2014 do you basically just copy the rail pressure, boost, duration, and timing tables from a 2015?

I might go this route as I am like everyone and want more power then the dual wheel turbo can give me.

The changes are mostly in the turbo parameters.

If you want a file we have them setup ready to go. That way when you do the swap, you'd have something that works out of the gate. Then you can tune and play with it on your own and swap back and fourth.

2012dually

Reaction score
The changes are mostly in the turbo parameters.

If you want a file we have them setup ready to go. That way when you do the swap, you'd have something that works out of the gate. Then you can tune and play with it on your own and swap back and fourth.

I was told the 15s had less timing and more duration then the 11-14s stock. I am assuming less timing to help the bigger turbo spool. Do you have to increase the vein position to help it spool on the 11-14s?

Reaction score
I was told the 15s had less timing and more duration then the 11-14s stock. I am assuming less timing to help the bigger turbo spool. Do you have to increase the vein position to help it spool on the 11-14s?

15 has different injectors and hpfp. Changing those tables is completely the wrong thing to do. Unless you are going to change the fuels system to a 2015. But the fueling changes have nothing to do with spool. The correct turbo tuning will allow it to drive 100% like a 2015 (minus the extra fuel capacity for extra power) without changing anything on the fuel tuning side.

If you are only changing the turbo then that's where you need to start. About 99.8% of everything to do with the turbo control is different. The vane position tables are so much different there would be no way to ever get it right just by playing with it on the street for all the tables. Not to mention every table of desired boost, sensor duty cycles etc.

2012dually

Reaction score
15 has different injectors and hpfp. Changing those tables is completely the wrong thing to do. Unless you are going to change the fuels system to a 2015. But the fueling changes have nothing to do with spool. The correct turbo tuning will allow it to drive 100% like a 2015 (minus the extra fuel capacity for extra power) without changing anything on the fuel tuning side.

If you are only changing the turbo then that's where you need to start. About 99.8% of everything to do with the turbo control is different. The vane position tables are so much different there would be no way to ever get it right just by playing with it on the street for all the tables. Not to mention every table of desired boost, sensor duty cycles etc.

Thanks for the input! So if i can get my hands on the 2015 boost and vane tables a good place to start would just copy those tables over into my tune?

Reaction score
The best thing would be to access a whole base file and change everything in the turbo parameters. I will take a while to get everything changed. But it does work.

CoreyMS

Reaction score
I can get us a stock file and convert to mcc. I just haven't done it yet as I haven't made up my mind on the turbo. Hs divided pedestal has my interest.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.