Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket > 6.7 Tuning

Old 03-20-2017, 08:41 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

You have the newest device updater program right? The desktop icon is red with a big U on it. It's not the sct logo anymore. Also from doing a quick google search some guys are saying they aren't able to remove tunes from the device as well. Have you tried removing one then hitting the program button? Get the same error?

Some are also saying that they returned their car to stock tune, did factory reset on x4, connected to device updater and updated device, then loaded tunes back.

You could also try calling sct back.. it's usually hit or miss with who you get on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 09:08 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

yes sir- i have the newest updater, removed the updater and reloaded it, removed tunes and reloaded them, removed tunes and tried loading the updated tunes desired. The code exactly says "ctf error code".
I also went back to stock on the truck when updating the tuner(good practice anyways in case of an issue). I agree i may have to call sct back.
I know its very difficult to fix over the forums and i appreciate all the help too. In a month i'll be at ucc- if i still can't get the tunes loaded then if sct is at ucc i will hand them my tuner in person and let them have a whack at it.
16 250 tri-coat white, 22x12 AF satin black traxx with 325/50 terra g2, no limit goodies, flo pro exhaust, sct x4, recon smoked side and cab lights, retro solution led head and fog lights, icon 2.5" leveling kit with fox 2.0 shocks.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:36 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cr450 View Post
yes sir- i have the newest updater, removed the updater and reloaded it, removed tunes and reloaded them, removed tunes and tried loading the updated tunes desired. The code exactly says "ctf error code".
I also went back to stock on the truck when updating the tuner(good practice anyways in case of an issue). I agree i may have to call sct back.
I know its very difficult to fix over the forums and i appreciate all the help too. In a month i'll be at ucc- if i still can't get the tunes loaded then if sct is at ucc i will hand them my tuner in person and let them have a whack at it.
You factory reset the tuner?

If you removed the current tunes would they disappear or would they stay on the list?

I remember I had a problem where I had certain tunes on the X4 and removed them (I was over capacity) If I tried to remove the tunes that were already on the device, the updater would through an error and freeze the program. (I can't remember if it was a CTF error or unhandled exception)

I believe if i remember right, these were also GH tunes also for 6.4.

The tunes removed would still be on the device, I called them "ghost tunes" because they wouldn't do anything and couldn't be removed.

One day I said "screw this,I need to get the new tunes on to the tuner"

So I did this, I put the truck back to stock.

Factory reset the tuner

Hook it back up to your PC and run through the update just to be sure.

After that I grabbed my new files from my email and tried it out and boom it took it and I was on my way.

No Limit Fabrication
Midwest Diesel & Auto

Last edited by Powerstroke Man 6.4; 03-21-2017 at 03:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:14 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

You may be on to a fix here^ if I erase the gh tunes... they will re appear no matter what I do weather it be a reset etc. Ok thanks for the tech tip. I wonder why they won't go away being these are custom tunes as well?
Their are total of 10 tunes on tuner currently... and I just realized that when I hook the tuner back up to the uplater software they are still on there even though prior I had erased say 4 of them to get available space and load the new tunes on.
16 250 tri-coat white, 22x12 AF satin black traxx with 325/50 terra g2, no limit goodies, flo pro exhaust, sct x4, recon smoked side and cab lights, retro solution led head and fog lights, icon 2.5" leveling kit with fox 2.0 shocks.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:07 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cr450 View Post
You may be on to a fix here^ if I erase the gh tunes... they will re appear no matter what I do weather it be a reset etc. Ok thanks for the tech tip. I wonder why they won't go away being these are custom tunes as well?
Their are total of 10 tunes on tuner currently... and I just realized that when I hook the tuner back up to the uplater software they are still on there even though prior I had erased say 4 of them to get available space and load the new tunes on.
Sounds like the same problem I had back then on the X4.

"ghost tunes"

Return the truck to stock, and go to the menu and hit factory reset on the tuner.

Pull the tunes up and see what happens and post back up.

No Limit Fabrication
Midwest Diesel & Auto
Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Will give it a whirl. I won't be able to mess with it though until weekend or next week. Out of town currently working