Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket > 6.7 Tuning

Old 03-19-2017, 06:28 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Default Questions about rudys diesel new tunes x4

Hey guys been on for awhile always reading this is my first post
I have a 15 ccsb
I'm getting ready to go on a diet . Is anyone running rudys new tunes with a x4 especially for a 15 ? Are they good? any issues ? Everything work as it should ?good power ? Shifting? Good tow tune? Etc
Should I just get gh ?

I spoke to them the other day and they will have sotf available in a few weeks but would give me the non sotf tunes until sotf is available.
They will not really give much info on who does the tunning can't really blame them. I was going with them cause they where giving me a good price on the stuff I need for a diet and a titan tank

Any help would be appreciated
Old 03-21-2017, 10:52 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

i have their SOTF tune purchased and already downloaded onto my X4 but unfortunately between work and personal stuff I haven't had the chance to upload the tune and hard wire in the switch just yet but...

i can say that i purchased their PIP tunes on the X4 originally back in March of 2016 and they're good tunes. transmission can be a little when hard shifting if you don't do a proper trans relearn and then go kinda easy on it while driving on the first couple hundred miles (ie: don't drive like a dumbass everywhere). currently i'm running the extreme tune and it's an awesome tune just for daily driving with great MPG. i feel that the tow or street tunes are much safer for towing heavy however but if you baby it while towing a couple times you should be fine. towing is the only reason I even bought the SOTF switch. if you're worried about any smoke then don't run the extreme tune. the street tune only smoked if you punched it.

as far as support Rudy's staff is always nice and will usually respond fairly quick. but I like that No Limit's crowd is always on here helping out so GH tunes wouldn't be a bad choice either

Last edited by NCSU dirt man; 03-21-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:03 AM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobsi View Post
Hey guys been on for awhile always reading this is my first post
I have a 15 ccsb
I'm getting ready to go on a diet . Is anyone running rudys new tunes with a x4 especially for a 15 ? Are they good? any issues ? Everything work as it should ?good power ? Shifting? Good tow tune? Etc
Should I just get gh ?

I spoke to them the other day and they will have sotf available in a few weeks but would give me the non sotf tunes until sotf is available.
They will not really give much info on who does the tunning can't really blame them. I was going with them cause they where giving me a good price on the stuff I need for a diet and a titan tank

Any help would be appreciated
call us. we'll get you the best tunes period , at the best prices !
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Email for quickest response mike@nolimitdiesel.com or 1-800-581-8986
Old 03-21-2017, 09:39 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Never bought anything from them but I wouldn't buy from Rudy's simply because they won't tell you who's tunes they are. Have always gotten my stuff from NL and I'm a happy camper, hit up Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2017, 10:39 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Agreed ^^
16 250 tri-coat white, 22x12 AF satin black traxx with 325/50 terra g2, no limit goodies, flo pro exhaust, sct x4, recon smoked side and cab lights, retro solution led head and fog lights, icon 2.5" leveling kit with fox 2.0 shocks.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Any updates as of who is writing the tunes or how are they performing?? Im looking to get and x4 they have on ebay with pipe and all for a very good price

Old 03-29-2017, 03:47 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

The tunes are basically the same as the PIP tunes they've been selling. Just been running the highest setting so far with no issues. I'm happy so far. still need to tow something heavy. Attached is a pic of where and how I mounted the switch they include. It was fairly simple
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2511.jpg (923.9 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by NCSU dirt man; 03-29-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:21 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

That's gotta be a pain to reach in there for the switch

Old 03-30-2017, 09:01 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95cobby View Post
That's gotta be a pain to reach in there for the switch

no not really... i only switch it when i hook up to the trailer once or twice a week. works fine for me and keeps it outta sight should i not want someone to notice it. now it might not be ideal for everyone but it's exactly how i wanted it
Old 03-30-2017, 09:38 AM
General
Member's Gallery

GH hands down!!!!! Truck has 92k miles tuned since 40k miles, NEVER leaves the race tune. Even towing, trans is still perfect.