Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket > 6.7 Tuning

Old 03-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default Is anyone else draining your fuel rail?

This has happened to me twice now. Both times getting on the freeway, nail it to merge and get on the freeway. Truck slams like its been rear ended and the pedal goes dead. Truck still running, just dead pedal. Coast to a stop on the shoulder and it dies. Cycle the key and it fires right back up.

The first time it happened it scared the crap out of me. I wasn't sure what had happened. I called Cale at Tyrant and he told me that I had drained my rail. Its never done it from slower speeds to WOT only from about 60 mph to WOT. And both times ive had to coast off of the freeway to the shoulder which isn't very damn safe. Any advice, input, anything....
Old 03-20-2017, 09:34 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaselee View Post
This has happened to me twice now. Both times getting on the freeway, nail it to merge and get on the freeway. Truck slams like its been rear ended and the pedal goes dead. Truck still running, just dead pedal. Coast to a stop on the shoulder and it dies. Cycle the key and it fires right back up.

The first time it happened it scared the crap out of me. I wasn't sure what had happened. I called Cale at Tyrant and he told me that I had drained my rail. Its never done it from slower speeds to WOT only from about 60 mph to WOT. And both times ive had to coast off of the freeway to the shoulder which isn't very damn safe. Any advice, input, anything....
extreme tune ?
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Email for quickest response mike@nolimitdiesel.com or 1-800-581-8986
Old 03-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Yes sir. That's what I DD on
Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

What code is set when you drain the rail and what sets it off ? A pre set pressure ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MPD / CUSTOM INTAKE & BOOST PIPES
MPD CCV REROUTE, M1DWEST TUNED, 3.5" LIFT, 35" DURATRACS
O.U.O. TRAC BARS
5" AL DRIVESHAFT , EGR GONE
Old 03-20-2017, 09:40 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

It doesn't throw a code

Last edited by chaselee; 03-20-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:37 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Yes sir. That's what I DD on
if it doesn't happen on performance, your pump is too weak for extreme.
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Old 03-20-2017, 10:47 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

There's a post in the tech section with someone else running a Tyrant tune and had the same problem. Donno if he ever figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Im not sure. Ive never ran the performance tune for very long. Could this mean that my pump is starting to go out at only 50K?
Old 03-20-2017, 11:06 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Im not sure. Ive never ran the performance tune for very long. Could this mean that my pump is starting to go out at only 50K?
possibly. but most likely it's a pump that will not maintain peak pulse width . 99/100 trucks will , that's what the extreme tune is built for. then you get the one that just doesn't move the fuel required. it's probably just a weaker pump from the factory . like i said run the performance and see if it happens again, if it happens again , your pump is possibly taking a dump . its a fine line for the highest file and the pump output. the tyrant tune calls for the max available based on what these pumps output is normally .
Old 03-20-2017, 11:09 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
possibly. but most likely it's a pump that will not maintain peak pulse width . 99/100 trucks will , that's what the extreme tune is built for. then you get the one that just doesn't move the fuel required. it's probably just a weaker pump from the factory . like i said run the performance and see if it happens again, if it happens again , your pump is possibly taking a dump . its a fine line for the highest file and the pump output. the tyrant tune calls for the max available based on what these pumps output is normally .
Will do, Thanks