Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket > 6.7 Tuning

Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Default Tyrant ez lynk + sotf switch review 15+

If your like me and needed to hear about tuning a 15 and everything seems to be reviews of the 11-14 trucks,

I got with no limit fab for the ez lynk and sotf switch with his stage2 intake to top it all off.

I had read that the 15+ transmissions are slightly different and need to be tuned accordingly. I really really don't want trans issues so talking to (mike?) with no limit he recommended tyrant tuning.

Install was straight forward and simple, ordered on Monday had the stuff in hand on Wednesday.
When first setting the ez lynk up my account hadn't been turned on yet, 8pm here in utah and i was about to just unplug everything and try again the next day. Messaged him on here and asked him to call me if he had time. About 1 beer later my phone rang. We got it figured out and i was ready to rock. After hours in the middle if the week, that was good customer service in my eyes!

I loaded up the 40-200 clean sotf tunes. The thing drives like stock with way more power... i cant say i notice alot of change between settings but when its on 5 you really know. Even on 5, it barely smokes at all which i like. I leave it on 1 typically as i just go back and forth to work most the time and im seeing a solid 14.5mpg in stop and go traffic. Towing 13-14k on level 1 is effortless. Nothing gets hot and has tons of power. Exhaust brake kicks ass too. Same trailer same route my 6.0 would get low 9s for mpg, and i would have to baby sit the egts and smoke output. I cant comment on egts on the new setup but setting the cruise at 70 while towing was no issue, some steep short rolling hills and it wouldn't even flinch. And got 12mpg

Its only been a couple weeks, but so far, I'm completely sold on the ezlynk,no limit fab, and tyrant tuning!

Now i just needa get the blockoff plates installed so i can have my pyro (bolt seemed like was gonna break so i gave up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2017, 08:40 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Old 09-21-2017, 11:59 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

I went with the ppei tunes and I'm not getting that smooth of shifts. I feel it shift hard going 5th to 6th.
Amp steps

Last edited by Onetwothree; 09-21-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:34 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetwothree View Post
I went with the ppei tunes and I'm not getting that smooth of shifts. I feel it shift hard going 5th to 6th.
Did you try to re learn the Trans?
Old 09-21-2017, 01:42 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

love the switch !
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Email for quickest response mike@nolimitdiesel.com or 1-800-581-8986
Old 09-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Default Tyrant ez lynk + sotf switch review 15+

Old 09-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by slc6oh View Post

Did the back light turn on, on your switch
Amp steps
Old 09-22-2017, 08:27 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Wasnt even aware of a back light... so no lol

Old 09-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetwothree View Post

Only time i ever really even feel the trans do anything is when the converter locks up in 5th gear. And at that its soft.

Nothing like the old 5r110 that you could feel do everything that it did lol

Old 09-22-2017, 03:28 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by slc6oh View Post
Only time i ever really even feel the trans do anything is when the converter locks up in 5th gear. And at that its soft.

Nothing like the old 5r110 that you could feel do everything that it did lol

Does the converter only lock up in 5th and up? Or will it lock as early as factory? I know my 15 which is still stock will lock up around 30 mph at mild throttle.

2006 F-250 4x4 EC/LB 6.0l XLT IDP -Sold

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 200/30%, 38r, swamps, valair -Sold