Build thread, Triple Turbo 6.7L Race truck build

JDub

Reaction score
The way the front of that truck is setup cooler wise, I bet pulling the motor out is a breeze

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We're gonna do them in cab tmw and see what went wrong long as the cylinder walls and pistons look good were gonna give it one last chance for 9s before we put it away for the season

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah that sucks on the cage, same thing on hallers, gotta pull the engine which is awesome without pulling the cab LOL

good luck I'm impressed on how this thing ran this season

Reaction score
2 cp4.2's from a 15 would probably answer all the questions.

If I'm not mistaken even with the 10mm stroker kit in a cp3, doesn't a stock cp4.2 flow more? My knowledge is sketchy on this for sure but I thought the cp3 was a single p&b and the 4.2 was a double p&b...

Someone can correct and school on those thoughts... Please.

Cp3 has 3 plungers and barrels, they flow about 20% more than a standard cp4.2 does with 2 plungers and barrels.

A 10mm stroker cp3 is good to around 900 worth of fuel. At least they are advertised as so....

The 2015 cp4.2 from a 6.7 is only 9% larger than a 11-14. Not worth the money unless you had to buy a new pump already.

We are doing a 25% over cp4.2 which would be 16% over a 2015 pump (650hp capable). Which may actually do enough to help some people who don't have enough with an added 10mm stroker cp3 kit and stock cp4.2.

But in mfi's case that may not even be enough. So a custom third pump mount may be necessary. Not uncommon in the duramax world to have 3 pumps in really high hp competition vehicles.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Cp3 has 3 plungers and barrels, they flow about 20% more than a standard cp4.2 does with 2 plungers and barrels.

A 10mm stroker cp3 is good to around 900 worth of fuel. At least they are advertised as so....

The 2015 cp4.2 from a 6.7 is only 9% larger than a 11-14. Not worth the money unless you had to buy a new pump already.

We are doing a 25% over cp4.2 which would be 16% over a 2015 pump (650hp capable). Which may actually do enough to help some people who don't have enough with an added 10mm stroker cp3 kit and stock cp4.2.

But in mfi's case that may not even be enough. So a custom third pump mount may be necessary. Not uncommon in the duramax world to have 3 pumps in really high hp competition vehicles.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll take a stroker 4.2. 650hp is plenty to go to church in. I asked the guys at exergy what the flow reduction was from a 3.3 to a 4.2 and he told me 25% less. All makes sense now.

Bosch motorsports doesn't seem very interested in producing modified parts for the 4.2 for some reason!

Last edited:

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Could the rails themselves be the restriction? Or probably not?

Edit: I guess the problem isn't the emptying if the rails but lack of fuel pressure within the rail. Never mind

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll take a stroker 4.2. 650hp is plenty to go to church in. I asked the guys at exergy what the flow reduction was from a 3.3 to a 4.2 and he told me 25% less. All makes sense now.

Bosch motorsports doesn't seem very interested in producing modified parts for the 4.2 for some reason!

When they are ready ill have one for you.

And why would they? The only ones benefitting from a larger cp4.2 is powerstrokes... Bosch only cares about cummins and duramax.... They are the only things that make power...

Latest posts

Members online