Thinking about getting into a 17-19 6.7... any issues?

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I'm coming from the 6.0 world and thinking about buying a 17-19 6.7 soon. Is there any issues with them worth noting? Anything I should be looking for? Any tips etc, I'd appreciate it.

Oh what's with the people freaking out about having clean fuel? Is the oem fuel filters not good or something?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I'm coming from the 6.0 world and thinking about buying a 17-19 6.7 soon. Is there any issues with them worth noting? Anything I should be looking for? Any tips etc, I'd appreciate it.

Oh what's with the people freaking out about having clean fuel? Is the oem fuel filters not good or something?
People are ****ting bricks over getting clean fuel due to **** fuel being the most common cause of fuel system failures. You get something full of water, dirt, def, gas, etc it ends up being close to a 10k bill...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
People are ****ting bricks over getting clean fuel due to **** fuel being the most common cause of fuel system failures. You get something full of water, dirt, def, gas, etc it ends up being close to a 10k bill...

But isnt that the point of the OEMs fuel filtration system now? To filter that out? Seems as if most are just running the Dieselsite dual filters, right?

04cr450

Reaction score
Your coming from the 6 blow world....if you can handle that truck than a 6.7 is a breeze.. no issues... just wash it and change the pil and filters... done

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
But isnt that the point of the OEMs fuel filtration system now? To filter that out? Seems as if most are just running the Dieselsite dual filters, right?
People are running the diesel site pre filter so they can see if there is **** in there. It doesnt matter how good the oem filtration is, it is not going to get 100% of the water out if you get watered down fuel, ot will not pull any gas or def out. It will filter dirt and stuff out however. Even as good as the factory stuff is, 10k is a ****load of money. Plus after the 6.4 debacles, where the pump would **** if you looked at it funny, people are still a bit hesitant.

Bottom line is, if you get fuel from known good sources, and dont do anything stupid when filling up, like grab the wrong nozzle, you will be fine for quite a while.

superpsd

Reaction score
Might considering waiting for the 2020. They get some goodies. They also get a different injection system. It will be a roll of the dice on the new 10 speed though. Probabaly going to be the Denso stuff like the Duramax went with.

Last edited:

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The 20s will most likely be out of the question, I could only imagine what they're going to be priced at lol

PSDEng

Reaction score
You’ll get one every now and then that likes to let water into the cab through the cab lights, and the moon roof drains, or the door seals.....

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
You’ll get one every now and then that likes to let water into the cab through the cab lights, and the moon roof drains, or the door seals.....

sweet... Looks like our Edge isnt the only one that does it. I cant believe they release these vehicles with these issues. Dont they test them in like a rain tunnel or something before releasing the vehicle for production?

PSDEng

Reaction score
You would think wouldn’t you. Currently lemon lawing my 2019 because of issues with leaks that they can’t find.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Looks like I might have to go look at other manufacturers... This **** crazy

It’s all a roll of the dice anymore. Chevys drive like and ride like sh!t. Rams are horrible. I’d still take my chances with a super duty. I love my 15 though...especially since I’m getting it exactly like I want it. Hopefully I won’t have to buy an new one till 2030...

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
My dad's 2015 gmc yukon denali's qc was SHIIIIIIT. Bolt punched up through the carpet in the back. Trim falling off. Doors don't line up. Sharkfin leaks. GPS didn't work and took 2 trips to fix. And the trans still has issues after tons of visits to the dealer.

They all have major issues right now.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
My dad's 2015 gmc yukon denali's qc was SHIIIIIIT. Bolt punched up through the carpet in the back. Trim falling off. Doors don't line up. Sharkfin leaks. GPS didn't work and took 2 trips to fix. And the trans still has issues after tons of visits to the dealer.

They all have major issues right now.

This is whats fu cked up... They arent cheap and makes you so damn reluctant to buy anything. I dont need something but just thinking about it, but I may just bank the money.:shrug:

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
This is whats fu cked up... They arent cheap and makes you so damn reluctant to buy anything. I dont need something but just thinking about it, but I may just bank the money.:shrug:

I've never been a curmudgeon who says "the don't build em like they used to" but I really think the interior in my 2005 was nicer than my dads 15. His has more technology but the interior was much more comfortable and better built. And mine ran for 303k miles on the original transmission, his shifts like you're getting punched by mike tyson and shakes going down the road and has since it was new.

And the cost has gone up up up. Found a photo of the sticker off my 6.4... 08 f250 harley davidson with everything but a sunroof and cab lights, 56k msrp. The equivalent now is about 70% higher.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Yep... Has he had the truck back to Ford, I'd assume so. What did they say on the hard shifts?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.