Truck Fked. Any advice?

sixmassive

Reaction score
So my truck is dead.

Loaded an ********** tune on my SCT, and it failed. Could not return to stock. Wouldn’t even crank

Called ford, they could communicate with computer. I bought a new computer from flagstar one, installed it and have the same issue. Will not even crank.

Truck is all ******d, Rudy’s bored over race block, elite HP fuel system. Pretty much the only thing stock is the turbo. SCT can’t do anything with the tuner for the new computer, and ******* is gone.

I’m in the British Virgin Islands so EPA doesn’t haven’t any jurisdiction here, but all my resources are American.

Any advice?
Thanks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So my truck is dead.

Loaded an ********** tune on my SCT, and it failed. Could not return to stock. Wouldn’t even crank

Called ford, they could communicate with computer. I bought a new computer from flagstar one, installed it and have the same issue. Will not even crank.

Truck is all ******d, Rudy’s bored over race block, elite HP fuel system. Pretty much the only thing stock is the turbo. SCT can’t do anything with the tuner for the new computer, and ******* is gone.

I’m in the British Virgin Islands so EPA doesn’t haven’t any jurisdiction here, but all my resources are American.

Any advice?

Thanks
Oh chit!!! Id say try a different device and tunes.

live life full throttle

sixmassive

Reaction score
Well first issue is to get it to turn over. Starter won’t engage. If I get it to crank I can call CTT

sixmassive

Reaction score
I just noticed the security light on the dash keeps flashing. I’ve tired both legs and the remote start (viper) and it stays flashing.

Normal? Not normal? How do I reset?

sootie

Reaction score
PATS has locked you out. turn the ignition on and go to the brown jumper cable that is taped to the battery cable that runs down to the starter. undo the bullet connector and touch the side that goes down to the starter to the positive post of the battery. The truck will crank. It should then reset the PATS and start it

Diesel625

Reaction score
I had to do exactly what sootie said. I was given a ***-r or something like that years ago when I had a 6.4. As soon as I got it start back up, I bought an sct 9625. Never had problems with the tuner again.

sixmassive

Reaction score
I don’t see a brown cable. There is the big red one that goes to the starter, and another smaller red one

sixmassive

Reaction score
Found it.
Got it to swing with the brown wire but it’s not starting

Anti theft still flashing.

My ford guy still can’t communicated with PCM
SCT still saying invalid vehicle.

Last edited:

sixmassive

Reaction score
These were the codes from the last scan, but I can’t read DTCs right now

B2900
U2011
U0115
U0100 x3
U0101
P1635

sootie

Reaction score
Found it.
Got it to swing with the brown wire but it’s not starting

Anti theft still flashing.

My ford guy still can’t communicated with PCM
SCT still saying invalid vehicle.

does it crank?

Those codes are all communication codes from it loosing connection during the flashing process.

Edit: i see where you said "got it to swing"

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
with an H&S device, you can put it into recovery mode, and probably repair the original ecm.

Obviously it wont start with the replacement pcm because PATS thinks you are trying to steal the truck.

Only other chance would be to get the pcm bench flashed to your current VIN and then try it.

sixmassive

Reaction score
It only cranks with the brown wire jumped to the battery.

The PCM I got was programmed from Flagship one. Supposedly they claim it’s plug and play. The anti theft still flashes on the old PCM.

Does the H&S have to be married? I think there is a guy around here with a H&S but he has a 6.7.

sootie

Reaction score
its not plug and play if all the other 11 modules in the truck are locked out due to PATS. The last one i did i dont think i used a vin locked tuner. you may need an unlock code somewhere along the way though.

sixmassive

Reaction score
Tomorrow I’m going to put the old PCM in and start troubleshooting the no crank issue first. I guess I have to dig deeper into the PATS after I verify the drive selector. If I’m not mistaken, those should be the only two triggers for a no crank scenario.

If those fail, I’ll retest the Data link wires and work from there. Any advice on that? I don’t have the PIN numbers or test procedure

sootie

Reaction score
Dont overthink it. PATS is causing your no-crank. period.

sixmassive

Reaction score
Ok, what do I need to chase down?

Edit: now that a think about it, a couple months ago, my key would not start the truck. I had to use the viper to remote start it, and then it randomly started with the key a day or so later.

Last edited:

Harley-6.4

Reaction score
My advice is completely ditch the viper alarm and try again. My mustang had the same problem with the no crank and as soon as I took off the alarm system completely it cranked up fine.

sootie

Reaction score
Agreed. Remove the remote start completely, and double check every splice to make sure the wires are good.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I would just snip the wires and not mess with the scotch locks/T taps or whatever they used. That way you won't take the chance of cutting the main wires. I dont have first hand experience with the viper alarms but i have heard on many occasions that they have caused issues like this. One person i know personally had it happen to his Chrysler cebrings( how ever it is spelled) took it off and it fired back up.

live life full throttle

sixmassive

Reaction score
Ok so alarm was removed by a viper installer and the PATS is still active.
Still no comms with PCM

Latest posts

Members online