4in lift opinions...

602_7.3

Reaction score
Hi guys, I don't post much on here, mostly just read threads to gain knowledge.

I have an 02 crew cab 4x4 7.3 and am getting ready to buy a lift. I'm tossed up between the Rough Country 4 inch and the Pro Comp 4 inch. Anyone have opinions on either? I've heard that the pro comp springs tend to sag more over time than others. Thanks in advance!!

Powderhound

Reaction score
I don't know the specifics of either kit regarding your lift but I have felt it hat ProComp is a slight step above rough country.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
Are you trying to lift for looks or functionality?

Neither of your choices are great offroad

602_7.3

Reaction score
Are you trying to lift for looks or functionality?

Neither of your choices are great offroad

More for looks, with decent functionality. I don't do any wheeling with it, I have my buggy for that, lol. I was also doing to reading on the Zone products and they seem to have a good rep. What would your recommendations be?

03_PSD

Reaction score
From my understanding Zone is made by BDS but doesn't have the lifetime warranty. If cost is an issue I would do Zone over procomp and rough country every time.

Powderhound

Reaction score
There was a 4" nearly new zone lift on CRaigslist here locally that my buddy bought for $700.
The guy went with a bigger zone lift after running that one for 8 months.
Used kit was in great shape.
Installed well.
One concern was the kit does not include a dropped Pittman arm. Found that to be strange considering the good reviews I have herd regarding that lift.
I to would still place that lift well above the above options.
Personally, I opted for the 4" Cognito lift for not much more money and in my opinion by the best lift for the $$$$.

Latest posts

Members online