Fox steering stabilizer (factory location)

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Has anyone ran the factory replacement fox steering stabilizer? I've always ran dual steering stabilizers on my previous trucks but this 2017 doesn't wander like those did. I'm looking for something just a little extra over the factory stabilizer but I want to confirm it's worth the $180. Any input is welcome.

The truck this will be going on is a 2017 f250 with 2.5" leveling kit, caster shims, fox shocks, ready lift track bar bracket with 35x12.5 nitto ridge grapplers on 20x12 gear alloy rims.

Only current picture on my phone
97264478-51E0-4C6B-A58C-C9A60C0EA648.png

fine69

Reaction score
Not sure if it helps, but I run the Fox stock replacement stabilizer on my 09 and it is a HUGE improvement over stock. I have a 2.5" level kit with 20x9 BMF Novakanes and 325/60/20 Nitto's. The Fox stabilizer took out any wobble I had with the stock stabilizer.

Zmann

Reaction score
hell even a Rancho in the factory location is an improvement IMO
I know somone on here had a 17 and the OEM already died maybe he will be along soon

i have never quite understood using a gas charged stabilizer in a single location

maybe they don't push out as hard as a normal charged shock ?

sootie

Reaction score
I run the fox factory replacement and it greatly reduces road feedback to thru the steering wheel. I like it. The gas charge isn't really strong enough to alter the direction of the truck

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I run the fox factory replacement and it greatly reduces road feedback to thru the steering wheel. I like it. The gas charge isn't really strong enough to alter the direction of the truck
i have the bilstein on my 12 and us the same.. lots better than oem..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I just installed one about 5k miles ago. WAY better then stock. It helped a ton on CA freeways.

888dc1038515d7e8167e4b74eec29f32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Is the Fox one that much better than the Bilstein 5100?

Yes, this is going off of the suspension shocks, the fox 2.0 are better then the 5100s. Leads me to believe the steering stabilizer is better aswell.

RyanD

Reaction score
Apologies for reviving a dead thread - I just put 295/65/20 terra grappler G2s on my '13 and I have some wander and wobble. Eventually I will be going with a 2.5" level and am looking at stabilizer options. Looks like Fox is a good option.

Has anyone tried the Carli high mount? Also, with such a mild "lift" and mild tires, would a dual stabilizer be overkill?

sootie

Reaction score
I think duals would be overkill in that scenario. Most of the feel you are getting is due to the tires. I have the same size trail grapplers on mine and I won't make that mistake again.

RyanD

Reaction score
Wish I would have asked before I pulled the trigger! LOL

It's not bad, nor does the truck feel out of control, but I will say that I was definitely giving more steering input on the drive to the family lakehouse last weekend - before they were trashed, my 275/60 Michelins were pretty much point and relax.

Ah well, c'est la vie. Seems like with 72K on the clock and the factory stabilizer still there, a Fox can do nothing but help. Thanks!

I think duals would be overkill in that scenario. Most of the feel you are getting is due to the tires. I have the same size trail grapplers on mine and I won't make that mistake again.

Jomax

Reaction score
Wish I would have asked before I pulled the trigger! LOL

It's not bad, nor does the truck feel out of control, but I will say that I was definitely giving more steering input on the drive to the family lakehouse last weekend - before they were trashed, my 275/60 Michelins were pretty much point and relax.

Ah well, c'est la vie. Seems like with 72K on the clock and the factory stabilizer still there, a Fox can do nothing but help. Thanks!

That feeling with the new tires will go away soon.

sootie

Reaction score
That feeling with the new tires will go away soon.

nope. it wont with Nittos. It has everything to do with sidewall stiffness, not tread squirm.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
The G2? I had those Tires as my last set.

I was referring to Trails, but I have also had G2 terras on my six four-they were a bit better, still dont match a toyo a/t or m/t. Cant speak for R/T

Jomax

Reaction score
I was referring to Trails, but I have also had G2 terras on my six four-they were a bit better, still dont match a toyo a/t or m/t. Cant speak for R/T

R/T weren't too bad. A bit squirmy when towing.

I'm going complete opposite soon. Trucks going 2 in lower on Nitto 420s.

C2tuck

Reaction score
R/T weren't too bad. A bit squirmy when towing.

I'm going complete opposite soon. Trucks going 2 in lower on Nitto 420s.

What you gonna do suspension wise? Still be able to tow ok?

Latest posts

Members online