7.3 300/200s billet 6X6 S471 need opinions

Countrycar

Reaction score
Bigdirty7.3 I'm pretty much in your same position with 3/2 and all the supporting mods as well. I'm running a 38r rightnow, but that's gonna change in very soon. After conversations with some of the guys here over the phone mostly, I'm convinced that the sxe472 is gonna be the right turbo for what I'm looking for, which is mostly a hot street truck and maybe an occasional trailer tow. Should just rip with this Turbo..

smoker00

Reaction score
How much back pressure at 60? That seems a little high.

I've got 50-60k mi on my 42r and it's done it all. I've seen 48-50# and runs good except laggy when towing heavy. Still enjoy hearing it spin down for a minute or so after I shut the truck off. Lol

Lots of newer borgs out now, but not sure about their durability.

I have never checked BP but from all the info out it should be close to 1 to 1 tell 50 or 55 on fuel then creeps up slow after that..it been over 60lbs 100s of times I only gate it when I spray around 47lbs..

smoker00

Reaction score
I want to add the new S400 seem to be best bang for the buck.. I would not run a s3 on a big injector just because they are not as tuff as the s4's..

Last edited:

7.3obs

Reaction score
I like my s472sxe. It takes a little to spool but once it does. Hang on!!

emev0l

Reaction score
PM me a cell phone number and I’ll send you some videos of 350/200’s and an s467.7 roll racing a Viper on the expressway and dirt drags with sand paddles. I daily and tow with my truck.

Timmy

Reaction score
I don’t like the 10-11 blade turbos. I have heard those 472sxe popping left and right. I think the bigger heavier turbine wheel is causing the shaft to wobble at higher shaft speed and psi causing the shafts to snap.What happened to yours?

Smoked the thrust bearing. Waited months for a 1.0 housing to keep backpressure in check but only put about 10 hard pulls on it before it took a dump. Gonna try a 472 from FI this year and gonna install a backpressure gauge to keep an eye on things.

emev0l

Reaction score
Smoked the thrust bearing. Waited months for a 1.0 housing to keep backpressure in check but only put about 10 hard pulls on it before it took a dump. Gonna try a 472 from FI this year and gonna install a backpressure gauge to keep an eye on things.

You’ll have a lot better luck

biggdirty7.3

Reaction score

That’s crazy for a brand new charger. This 471 has been very faithful and honestly does well I’m pretty hard on it (try my best to stay out of it)but I want a charger that starts spool up at least around 1700rpm

biggdirty7.3

Reaction score
Any updates or changes yet?

Nothing yet. I’m set on going with a s467.7 for spool up . Irate had made 750hp on a 67.7 that they claim spoils great . I’m going with the non “race cover” so I don’t have to change my intake and compressor outlet setup around because from what I have been told the big “race cover” doesn’t make enough difference to justify the trouble of changing things. If The 67.7 is unsatisfactory I will go with the s472sxe . If I end up with a 472 it will not have the BorgWarner 10 blade fmw compressor wheel. FI has a awesome upgrade for the 72

Countrycar

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. From my conversations with Matt Maier, he loves the 467.7. He also tows heavy with his set up with out issues (350/200 & 467.7). I hope this does it for you, and I look forward to hearing your feed back on this Turbo. As I mentioned, I'm on the fence between the 2 as well. I've also had conversations with Josh (JD) on here who is running the sxe472 and he told me that there wasn't a whole lot of spooling difference down low, between the 38r that he took off and replaced with the sxe 472. This got me pretty excited. So, Let's see how the 467.7 works for yah. I appreciate you posting this up on here. With so many options available to us, this really helps out to hopefully make the right decision here for me as well. As I mentioned I'm more interested in building a hot street truck kinda of set up, and maybe an occaisonal tow, but it's easy enough to reach up and drop a gear to keep things under control there too. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online