Brake Help

Jason1973

Reaction score
I have a neighbor with a 2008 F350 quad cab single rear wheel truck. He did the mistake of topping off his brake reservoir with power steering fluid and then drove it for a week. I already know everything containing rubber will have to be replaced. The things I need help with are the options on this truck that make getting the correct parts difficult. I have come across things like with/without "Advance Trac" and " Electronic Stability Control" are these the same or different? If different, how do I determine what is what and if this truck has it? Another thing I found is 6340lb, 7800lb, & 8400lb axles. My guess is the single is the 6340, duel is the 7800, and F450/550 is the 8400 but I could be wrong there. How do I determine which of these he has. I know the master cylinder, ABS motor, 2 lines off the master cyl to ABS, all 4 calipers hoses, hose at rear diff, and all 4 calipers will have to be replaced. Is there any other "rubber" in the brake system I am missing on these trucks? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

C2tuck

Reaction score
I'd contact sunrise ford on here and give them his vin#, they should be able to answer all your questions and get him a great price on all he needs.

Latest posts

Members online