Found it

stroker221

Reaction score
Finally found the leak. Pulled the cab because I was sure it was either cracked block or head gasket. But pulled the oil cooler just to double check and the cavity it sits in was full of coolant. So we pressurized the cooler and sure enough it has a pin hole and was seeping coolant out of it with barely any pressure. So that's good news since I couldn't hardly believe I needed new head gaskets already with it being studded.

So went ahead and pulled the valve covers and checked wear on valvetrain and everything still looks new;)

So just waiting on parts. Oh and one thing I was nervous about was the cab bolts but hell we had them out in 10 minutes. Wasn't bad at all just had to heat one up and the impact zipped it out.

One more thing. Looks like I'm gonna have to fix my single turbo kit pedestal. Less than 8k miles on it and the weld cracked and the piece was split in two. The only thing that's been holding it was the up pipes..... this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• IMG_3795.jpg
    IMG_3795.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3797.jpg
    IMG_3797.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3796.jpg
    IMG_3796.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104

mohead1

Reaction score
Holy crap, can you say weld prep and penetration.....uh...none!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Finally found the leak. Pulled the cab because I was sure it was either cracked block or head gasket. But pulled the oil cooler just to double check and the cavity it sits in was full of coolant. So we pressurized the cooler and sure enough it has a pin hole and was seeping coolant out of it with barely any pressure. So that's good news since I couldn't hardly believe I needed new head gaskets already with it being studded.

So went ahead and pulled the valve covers and checked wear on valvetrain and everything still looks new;)

So just waiting on parts. Oh and one thing I was nervous about was the cab bolts but hell we had them out in 10 minutes. Wasn't bad at all just had to heat one up and the impact zipped it out.

One more thing. Looks like I'm gonna have to fix my single turbo kit pedestal. Less than 8k miles on it and the weld cracked and the piece was split in two. The only thing that's been holding it was the up pipes..... this happened to anyone else?
Looks like the kit was made by the same place that made my single kit. Quality was absolute garbage, the welds looked like they were made by a blind handicap with no hands and the gas off. Terrible work for what I paid, I'll never buy something there again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

mohead1

Reaction score
Yeah, no doubt.....i cud weld that good when i was like 15 first starting out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

stroker221

Reaction score
Looks like it they used a 110 welder setup to weld 20 guage sheet. But oh well, how many of you have had an oil cooler leak from a pin hole in the side of it?

Latest posts

Members online